Since the bandwagon for this has appeared...

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
How stupid was it for Skyler to give all their money to Ted without telling Walt? I mean, at least Saul would consult him, right?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
@Kenshi Probably Yamoshi since he has more relevance to Super and is a concept Toriyama is more familiar with.

@GreatSaiyaman123 Pretty stupid, but fairly in-character when she's not exactly one to take the most logical step first.

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
Do you think Anakins statement of calling Obiwan wise as Yoda and Powerful as master Windu in Episode 2 makes Obi-Wan already that strong by Episode 2?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Obviously not when Anakin not only shouldn't have had a good grasp on Windu and Yoda's true capabilities, but Obi-Wan's feats make it pretty clear he's not on Windu's level.

Keedounan

Elite
What was Aaron Paul's best performance in Breaking Bad in your opinion? I stumbled on one of his scenes on Youtube and I simply can't buy that he didn't take any acting lessons before that show.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Difficult to say as there's a lot of good ones ranging from his dramatic displays such as when finding Jane dead or the many tragic events he went through in Season 5, as well as how well done his comedic reactions are and how professional he had to be to not laugh at some of Jesse's stupid lines ("Ah, wire" comes to mind). Hard to pick a best performance, but my favourite scene of his would probably be his existential rant during the group meeting in Season 4 for how well he displays the series' ideas on morality and karma (or the lack thereof in many cases).

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
There's enough global tensions and escalating conflicts that it seems almost inevitable to happen in such a time period.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
If the pope calls for another crusade (long overdue) would you serve by my side?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Wyr marry curtis or a one nite stand with kenshi :manabu
One night with Kenshi as it'd obviously be shorter and I can then claim he GASLIGHTED me :autism.

If the pope calls for another crusade (long overdue) would you serve by my side?
If there was a valid pope at the moment rather than a heretic shill that breaks the 1st commandment on the daily, then Deus Vult! :panties

i saw this some-time ago & @Wǒ dǒngle listened too i think, but wot do u think (if u can & want to listen/answer)

It sounds quite calming, as well as somewhat reminiscent of other similar tracks that may have been inspired by it.

Keedounan

Elite
What do you think makes anti-heroes so appealing compared to ideal heroes? Do you believe they have inherently more potential due to their more flexible morality?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Thoughts on Logan? I vaguely remember you talking about it when I asked about the X-Men movies, but that post is gone now.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
@Ultimate Cell I'm not completely sold on the casting choices for Paulie and Junior (especially the latter with how perfect of a double they were able to find for the flashbacks in the series), but Michael Gandolfini is the perfect choice to fill his father's boots. The trailer also features some great parallels such as how Dickie tells Tony he'll only be stealing this one time much like how Christopher would always tell himself he'd only do drugs this one more time. I'm not expecting to be blown away by it when writing a prequel is difficult and The Sopranos is very much perfect as a complete series, but I'm still interested in seeing it.

@Keedounan That's probably the most basic reason people like anti-heroes, with it being especially interesting when they contrast someone closer to a standard hero (eg. Char Aznable from Gundam functioning as a great anti-hero with how he contrasts the more typical Amuro Ray or Vegeta being far less merciful than Goku). If only functioning at just that level though, then an anti-hero will only become an edgy protagonist. For a compelling anti-hero such as those examples and other major ones such as Tony Soprano, Walter White, Anakin Skywalker or Guts, establishing what leads to them making moral compromises or going down a dark path is every bit as investing. Moreover, providing the idea they could always sway to a side of true heroism can make an audience even more invested in their arc such as Season 6 of The Sopranos hinting at this for Tony or Berserk showing Guts ultimately succeed in doing this.

@Wǒ dǒngle One of the many great cynical remarks that show why Junior is one of the best Sopranos characters. It's also somewhat tragic in that this is shortly before his decline in memory :cry.

@GreatSaiyaman123 Logan's a very solid dark take on the X-Men with its bleak outlook with moments of hope providing a different take on things than the other X-Men films but not being completely removed from the spirit of the franchise with it still relating back to the core theme of the X-Men protecting or doing good to a world that shuns them. Logan himself has a good character arc with him being pulled out of the darkness of inaction through the need to protect a girl that embodies his hope in the world (ie. TLJ Luke done right) and the ending is a great sendoff to Jackman's tenure as Wolverine. There isn't much I can point to as problems within it beyond perhaps the callback to the wstern X-23 watched being a bit on the nose. Some point to the Wolverine clone being a bland villain, but it succeeds in fitting with the core narrative of Logan facing his past. I have heard many detractors say that it's an inferior version of several of the westerns it takes inspiration from, but I'd have to watch them to say how much validity that point has to Logan's value. For now, I'd say it's a solid 8/10.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend

How ironic is it that even after finally winning a league after 20+ years and letting someone else be the co-protagonist for once (albeit, a GaryStu due to capturing Suicune without any trouble etc.), the "new" title of the series for Ass is basically the same as the "Master Quest" season of Johto? :alex2

Just goes to show even after 5+ new regions and 1000 episodes the Pogayman anime is the same shit.