Since the bandwagon for this has appeared...

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
That's cool. Are you Japanese? Or do you just know some Japanese for some other reason? If so, what's that reason?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'm not Japanese (though research one of my relatives did on a family tree may have found that I am by a very, very minimal fraction).

The main reason I have in learning Japanese is my ambition to move to Japan and become a Mangaka, as I've had such a goal for almost a decade. I also love more about the country than that, such as it's historical culture, well preserved wildlife and (especially) the women.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Awesome. I want to move to Japan too. Do you practice written language at all? Or have you yet to start doin that?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Oshino Shinobu said:
Awesome. I want to move to Japan too. Do you practice written language at all? Or have you yet to start doin that?
I practice written language occasionally, though so far the only area I'm well versed in is katakana, with knowledge in only a few kanji.

Will you let me be your editor when you become a Mangaka, CC? XD
If you can make the effort, I don't see why not. B-)

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Katakana before Hiragana? That's odd lol. Kanji is always fun.... and daunting. Well I can always help you out if start studying regularly.

You want to be a mangaka, so you draw?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Oshino Shinobu said:
Katakana before Hiragana? That's odd lol. Kanji is always fun.... and daunting. Well I can always help you out if start studying regularly.

You want to be a mangaka, so you draw?
It's mainly due to me being more exposed to the former, via titles of various series and products. I do know a fair amount of Hiragana though.

Yeah, I draw. I tend to draw at least 3 pages per day and stick to a strict schedule with it.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Understandable. 99% of the time people learn Hiragana first though haha.

I have the desire to learn to draw but I can never start doing it. Any tips?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I can't really say. A lot of my ambition and skill comes from having drawn since an early age. My advice would be to practice with drawing a character from another series at first when you find an image of them, or practice with still-life until you're more confident.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
That's already been answered. :facepalm2

However, it's indeed dependant on what style your talking about, of course. My drawing style for my own characters and such holds many elements from those of Tetsuo Hara (Hokuto no Ken), Hirohiko Araki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) as well as a lot of old school mangaka from the 70s and 80s. I guess you could say there's also a hint of Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro (Toriko) and Akira Toriyama in there too. Usually, it also depends on the character in question, as I often change my average style for some characters to have their design express their personality.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
A snail. Snail racing is already a thing, to some degree, so there's more chance of training one for the job than a worm.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Depends by what method. Being allowed into areas of great hierarchy through a certain amount of victories? Depending on the facility and game, possibly. It's practically true to that extent for celebrity athletes.