Suggestions/Requests, Glitches, Bugs

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Noticed that I currently can't place a like in the 2020 Award Thread. Might be due to it being a global announcement, though I could do so earlier. Weird.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Should be possible now. It was disabled in global announcements.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Forums loading really slow for me lately. Like 3-4 seconds between hitting a link and moving to the new page.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I think that's linked to the Error 500 thing affecting a lot of users (myself included), though there's unfortunately no clear fix for it at the moment.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
I think that's linked to the Error 500 thing affecting a lot of users (myself included), though there's unfortunately no clear fix for it at the moment.

Got it for the first time right now

Warmmedown

Elite
when was the first time someone got error 500? Did anything actually get changed in the run-up to that? Looked back in this topic (got an error 500 along the way lol) and didn't see anything before seatar.
Earliest mention on discard was 3rd May 2020. Has it been happening continuously since then? I got it on May 10th, but didn't seem to happen often until November/December. Anything get changed on the backend in the last few months?

For what it's worth I pinged the site on pingdom and it got an A-grade score lol
Zeta-A-Error500.png

edit: tried again and got 2 Cs when the forum loaded, gets an A again for Error 500 lol

edit: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204644990/why-am-i-getting-a-500-internal-server-error-message#3 ?

Also sometimes I don't get the error, but if I keep clicking a link 10 times in a row I'll definitely get it (tried it 3 times, in between being a spaz it worked fine if I just clicked once, just a little slow still). Might be due to too many requests/a timeout?

edit: Tried clicking 10-20 like a nuttah on 4 other phpbb forums and didn't get a single Error 500.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I contacted the host about it in the past and they said our site has no issues fundamentally. It seems as though the issue is only caused when users are logged in. The host never got error 500 when they were evaluating the site. Quite simply I'm not able to fix it alone. Until Void is back we will just have to deal with it.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
No. I had it fixed yesterday but now it's back less frequently. Just refresh the page for now.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
The Error 500 seems even worse than last time for me. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm going to have to hire a webmaster to repair to website so just bear with me for now. And once that is done I'll have to transfer the website to a host that actually offers legitimate support. Had enough of these clowns.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Thread Tags.
Can you increase the limit from ten to twenty ?
And can PC be allowed as a tag?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Increased to 20.

What do you mean by PC?

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Tags like this.
PLAYSTATION, PS5, XBOX, XBOX SERIE S, PC, RPG, ACTION RPG,
CLIPS, GAMEPLAY, Video games,