Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Sovereign Master of Spamifestation
Phase two begins now.

3VVv0Zf.jpg

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Damn, man. Two weeks of rest/recovery was too much of a break. I'm sore after the first two workouts already, and I'm hoping it subsides quickly. So, I'm halfway through week 13 now. The amount of strength that I had during the first two days, compared to the first two days at the very beginning, is substantial. It's laughable... I assume strength develops first, before muscle mass. We'll find out how much I improve during this second phase.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I shall find out if the intensity of soreness dials down for this second week, of the second phase. I was fairly sore during the first week back, more so than I wish it would've been.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I have begun the final week of month four. Soreness has dissipated, which I'm glad for. I am eating between 200-250g of protein at this point. I will continue to eat this amount until the final month. Then, I will tone it down to around 100g of protein. Strength and muscle mass is still increasing, and I need to attain a single digit body fat percentage by the end of this challenge.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Wow, month four has concluded. Two more months remaining...

Sam

Low Class Warrior
Let's partake in an interesting challenge, that may result with a prize, or two. For 2023, challenge yourself to become fit. It could be as simple as losing weight and leaning out, or it could be as complex as burning fat and building as much muscle naturally as possible.

Whoever has the most drastic change by the final day of this year, would win a prize. We can either have one winner, or split it up between contestants based on the results.

I've already purchased, prepared, and am ready for my challenge, which was separate from this forum. With this idea, I can actually just incorporate it here with whoever wants to participate. My goal is to get in the best shape of my life. It's going to be a brutal 6 month transformation of actual physical lifting and endurance. I want to discover what's possible in terms of a 6 month natural transformation of true 100% hard work and dedication. I believe that the mainstream perception of what's possible in 6 months is false. With my experiences and results with only fasting, I have to believe building muscle in my fashion will not be difficult. I've never had a six pack before, and this will be the first time I ever achieve it. I'm waiting for the temperature to level out in the 50's, at the minimum, before I begin going to the gym. It's too much of a hassle not to just go directly in active wear at the gym, and I need this to be a simple of a process as possible in order to maximize my free time.

I imagine that I'll be starting towards the end of March. I'll update when that moment nears.

Stats
Height: 6'7"
Current weight on 2/9/23: 224 lb
Fattest I've ever been was around 2010/2011: 280 lb (SAD diet)
Leanest I've ever been was around 2020: 186 lb (After a 17 day water fast)

I've worked out for 2 or 3 different periods of time in my life and it was the brutality of peak gains. I'll never forget how to truly become strong. It's been ~7 years since the last time and my dietary lifestyle is completely different now. With all of the information that I've gained, and proven to be true through my own experience, I firmly believe that building muscle will be even faster now, than it was back then.
Oh shit, I've been exercising consistently for a few months now, about 5x a week, 2-3 hr sessions. I'll be getting into this :)

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Month five begins today. I'll continue eating 200-250g of protein, and for the final month, I'll limit protein to around 100g.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Month five blew by. This is now the final month. I will cut for the entire month in order to make the final day that much more drastic, when comparing to the first.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
You don't need that much protein. You should trade 100 grams of protein for another 150 grams of carbs or whatever the calorie exchange works out for.

Carbohydrates is what keeps your muscle full and gives the energy to keep on. I've been going high carb lately and it's so much more sustainable. Carbs are not the enemy. Insatiable hunger brought on by not having enough nutrients or glucose is the enemy.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
The amount of strength that I had during the first two days, compared to the first two days at the very beginning, is substantial. It's laughable... I assume strength develops first, before muscle mass.
Yes, this is something Mike Menzter talks about. You'll likely grow stronger before the muscle actually comes on.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
You don't need that much protein. You should trade 100 grams of protein for another 150 grams of carbs or whatever the calorie exchange works out for.

Carbohydrates is what keeps your muscle full and gives the energy to keep on. I've been going high carb lately and it's so much more sustainable. Carbs are not the enemy. Insatiable hunger brought on by not having enough nutrients or glucose is the enemy.
The entire premise of my challenge was to attempt it with my regimen of High Protein/Low Carb, no supplements, and rigorous resistance training, in order to find out what is naturally possible to achieve.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
The entire premise of my challenge was to attempt it with my regimen of High Protein/Low Carb, no supplements, and rigorous resistance training, in order to find out what is naturally possible to achieve.
How many calories/macros are you doing daily?

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
How many calories/macros are you doing daily?
The answer is: I don't know. I've only been keeping track of protein, as fat intake has been low, and carbs have been kept as low as possible.