A Major Announcement

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
This is some serious news that will affect all of you, but hopefully in only positive ways. I'll be blunt - we are switching to vBulletin.

@Undead Ban has been grateful enough to offer his permanent license to us to use, so we are going to give it a shot. We have no problems with the site we currently have now, but we feel like we can only improve the state of things with VB. Pierce and Uchiha both would have an easier time installing mods on a VB site, and we'd be able to gain some of the features we lost in the transfer to here, and many more on top of that. I don't have an exact timetable for when we will switch, but the plan is ASAP. For now on just keep posting here as it will count up until the day we actually make the switch - in which case we will warn you.

Nèro

High Class Warrior
Donor
I'm going to guess Vbulletin 5.X.X.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Sasori said:
I'm going to guess Vbulletin 5.X.X.
I'm very happy about this news, but just to let you in on something, I'm going to put my board offline after this. I might open it back up one day, but it'll either be as back up (which is still unlikely), or it'll be about something completely different... Because this upcoming forum will probably be the end to all other DBZ forums.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
That's a great news guys! Are we gonna have to change our password again just like the last time when we shifted to pbbh?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm not sure on that to be honest. Hopefully we don't have to change password as that makes the transition smoother, but it also isn't the end of the world if we do.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I was sceptical of the last switch but was proven wrong, so I trust this will only be for the best.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
This will be the best format yet. VB is the premier forum software.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Kamikaze Pyro said:
This will be the best format yet. VB is the premier forum software.
I agree for once.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
We'd scrap them in place of superior ones, I'm guessing.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I have used it. Not a fan.

I just don't understand these moves. It all seems unnecessary. I thought the board was going well on Zetaboards, and then we moved here, and admittedly I think phpBB is really ugly, but I tolerate it, and now, another move? Why? I'm guessing that within the next six months we'd try XenForo, right?!

I just don't understand it, rly.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I don't understand why you're worried about this move. Plus unlike with phpbb3, I assume there's no drawbacks here.

I also doubt we'd ever move to Xenforo either. NF did it, but there's advantages and disadvantages to both formats.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Not worried, annoyed.

I saw nothing wrong with Zetaboards, and would post on that forum still if I could. I've used vB before, and every vB forum I've used is slow and ugly-looking.

I just don't see what the move will accomplish. This forum has pretty much reached its peak in regards to members. I don't see it getting a big boost with a change in software.

But maybe I'm just stuck in my ways.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I feel like you're actually full of shit. vB is the most sleek and well designed forum software out there.