A Major Announcement

Nèro

High Class Warrior
Donor
I used to administrator on a VBulletin forum back in 2014 lol.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Undead Ban said:
I feel like you're actually full of shit. vB is the most sleek and well designed forum software out there.

Well now... I wouldn't go by that as fact. I agree it looks really nice, but you can customize phpbb and zetab to look really good too.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Emmeth said:
Undead Ban said:
I feel like you're actually full of shit. vB is the most sleek and well designed forum software out there.

Well now... I wouldn't go by that as fact. I agree it looks really nice, but you can customize phpbb and zetab to look really good too.

Looks aren't all there is to the term "well designed." I'm just saying that switching to vB is a good move and Mystic is just being a downer like the last time.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Undead Ban said:
Emmeth said:
Undead Ban said:

Looks aren't all there is to the term "well designed." I'm just saying that switching to vB is a good move and Mystic is just being a downer like the last time.

I share his thoughts on "again?", but I understand what you mean about him being overly negative too. I personally think VB is a great forum setup and I would probably choose that over phpbb if I knew it. I have no experience with managing a VB forum so I've been a tad sceptical, though I know I'll learn.

Adapting is an important skill to have, so I'm on board with this if you guys think it's a good idea.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I don't see how I'm being "overly negative." It just seems really unnecessary. This board has been around for a year plus, and we've exhausted all advertising avenues, so this change in software to something more acclaimed will not create a massive influx of activity and members. So that's not a good reason to move.

The only reason I can really think of is financial. If the switch saves money that's great! But other than that, this board is pretty solid as is, and I don't see much of a reason to change (again).

But then again, this isn't my forum, so do what you'll do. You'll be left with the same forum, only uglier.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I agree With Shawn Michaels over here.... But then again, I sucked at running forums, so whado I know?

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Well you can't please everyone, but VB is objectively the best forum software. It's the only paid one of the three we're discussing and every coder will tell you how well designed it is compared to any of the other forum software out there. The largest forums on the net all run on VB and there's a good reason for it. The next closest is phpbb. Zetaboards is really far behind and only makes traction with the anime-ish crowd and never really makes traction to anywhere else. DBZF is kind of an exception because it was the only Z forum with a full domain to it for a while.

Like I said though - people are gonna judge by emotion and so there's no way of pleasing everyone. Our stats are rising organically. This has never happened on Zetaboards.

3YqPFEj.png

Every single new member there was manually brought in and a virtually zero people hit the site organically. Now, after switching, we're sitting on #4 for "dbz forum" on Google. That was thanks to me being able to customize the site which can't be done on ZB at all since they insist on everything be on their side so they can profit from it and no one moves away.

phpbb is not bad but a lot of people want new features that can't be added easily and timely to phpbb. And by the looks of the replies, most people prefer how sleek VB is. We can't please everyone, but we can keep moving forward and striving for greatness. :sure

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Uchiha said:
Well you can't please everyone, but VB is objectively the best forum software. It's the only paid one of the three we're discussing and every coder will tell you how well designed it is compared to any of the other forum software out there. The largest forums on the net all run on VB and there's a good reason for it. The next closest is phpbb. Zetaboards is really far behind and only makes traction with the anime-ish crowd and never really makes traction to anywhere else. DBZF is kind of an exception because it was the only Z forum with a full domain to it for a while.

Like I said though - people are gonna judge by emotion and so there's no way of pleasing everyone. Our stats are rising organically. This has never happened on Zetaboards.

3YqPFEj.png

Every single new member there was manually brought in and a virtually zero people hit the site organically. Now, after switching, we're sitting on #4 for "dbz forum" on Google. That was thanks to me being able to customize the site which can't be done on ZB at all since they insist on everything be on their side so they can profit from it and no one moves away.

phpbb is not bad but a lot of people want new features that can't be added easily and timely to phpbb. And by the looks of the replies, most people prefer how sleek VB is. We can't please everyone, but we can keep moving forward and striving for greatness. :sure
Wow! August made a huge momentum!!! I don't think September can beat it.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Well worever. I will stick around until the switch then.

Cannot wait to see the forum get more ugly. Is that even possible?! :eek:dawg

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Get On IRC... XD said:
Well worever. I will stick around until the switch then.

Cannot wait to see the forum get more ugly. Is that even possible?! :eek:dawg

57989-Image-16812-Autoplay_gif-Batista-Frowning-Gif-Smackdown-Sunglasses-....gif

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Uchiha said:

3YqPFEj.png

Wow! August made a huge momentum!!! I don't think September can beat it.
We're on track to beat it by a good margin this month.