Ask ahill

Warmmedown

Elite
@ahill1 would you be this ignorante if you were on a computador? Hurry up and answer some of your questions, I found the most agitated, unpredictable song of all time just now, no joke. Makes everything else I listen to sound mundane. Barely qualifies as a song - just a cacophony of pure agitation.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
@ahill1 would you be this ignorante if you were on a computador? Hurry up and answer some of your questions, I found the most agitated, unpredictable song of all time just now, no joke. Makes everything else I listen to sound mundane. Barely qualifies as a song - just a cacophony of pure agitation.
Computers are for Neanderthals. Someone sophisticated like me uses something more portable and modern, like smartphones.
Is anyone running against Balsonaro even half decent?
Lula

:troll

It'll be between Lula and Bolsonaro, it's what everything points out. But I think Sérgio Moro will gain decent strength. If Lula wins, I think a civil war will emerge. Even moreso with ppl criticizing our current voting method. Denying things is what Bolsonaro and the far right here is really good at.
Do you like jazzy rock
I do, tho I know few. I like most Cowboy Bebop's jazzy rock songs. I've been listening to Blues more recently. Few songs tho. Most remarkably is "The Sky is Crying".

Do you know what happened to metal4ever?
No, dude vanished to me too. There's more than 3 months I don't hear a word from him. He joined a discord server run by P that I invited him but he barely posted anything and then completely went off trail.

do you like this song
Not my type tbh. Is that like grunge? The music video seems weird too.

Maybe ever so slightly resembling something like that (very slightly) that I listened to like crazy is To You I Give and Chamber of Reflection.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
@ahill1 what kinds of philosophy are you into? Have you read any books? I'm reading a good one right now.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
@ahill1 what kinds of philosophy are you into? Have you read any books? I'm reading a good one right now.
I don't think I've developed a specific type yet. I said I'd get into philosophy but as of now I'm just watching some videos that are not so set in content. The last video mentioned Sartre and Baeumler. But thinking about it, I think I like more the type of philosophy that explores humans' minds and psyche. I prefer searching videos and tidbits of info than reading books, but what book are you reading? I think I struggle to find a good textbook of philosophy.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm more into ancient philosophy personally. I just find it really interesting to learn more about the psyche of those who lived thousands of years before us. They treated philosophy as a way of life and I find there are many life lessons that can be learned from it. The book is called "How To Think Like A Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius." It goes into depth about Stoic philosophy and how it can be applied to modern problems and how it relates to modern CBT techniques. Marcus Aurelius wrote Meditations if you've ever heard of that.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
That's very interesting. Ancient philosophy interests me a lot as well. Being ancient already warrants my interest in many cases. What do you think about the pre-socratics philosophy? What about Socrates? It's really nice to think that a man from that age had the clarity of mind and comprehension of things that he had. One thing that attracts me too is that these Greeks ancient phylosophers believed in building knowledge basically by approaching ppl and having a conversation, seeing different approaches to life. I think that's been kinda lost nowadays. Stoic believe in nature, simplifying a lot ofc, right?

Have you heard about Diogenes?

I don't think I've heard about it, the Meditations. Will search for it.

Warmmedown

Elite
do you know the Brazilian hardcore/hxc band Worst? I've known of them for a couple years, but never knew they were Brazilian
edit: also just found another São Paulo metalcore band I like called Sea Smile. They have Portuguese subs on their videos, which should be helpful. I have a browser extension called Language reactor which lets you see subtitles in two languages at the same time on youtube and Netflix (even works with Japanese - you can see romaji, Japanese and English)

Last edited:

Warmmedown

Elite
how much can you understand Japanese tv, audio and text? I wanna try to overtake you with my Portuguese.

How'd you learn English so good? Did you study it meticulously?

I wanna ask these on irc discard, but I'm scared of kyo's sarcastic comments

Warmmedown

Elite
do you like something like this instrumental? (river breeze by sanova. In case youtube gets permanently taken down due to WW3 or Intergalactic War 1 starting with an attack on silicon valley before you answer)

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That's very interesting. Ancient philosophy interests me a lot as well. Being ancient already warrants my interest in many cases. What do you think about the pre-socratics philosophy? What about Socrates? It's really nice to think that a man from that age had the clarity of mind and comprehension of things that he had. One thing that attracts me too is that these Greeks ancient phylosophers believed in building knowledge basically by approaching ppl and having a conversation, seeing different approaches to life. I think that's been kinda lost nowadays. Stoic believe in nature, simplifying a lot ofc, right?

Have you heard about Diogenes?

I don't think I've heard about it, the Meditations. Will search for it.
Yeah agreed about anything ancient being interesting. It's hard to fathom what society was like back then and to compare humanity then versus now.

I don't know much about pre-socratic philosophy. I've only heard of vague mentions of Pythagoras, Xenophanes and Heraclitus but that's about it. I've read more about Socrates but specifically through learning about Plato. Socrates is definitely on my list to analyze further.

Stoics believe in living in accordance with nature, though it has nothing to do with what we think of nature. It's more about being in tune with yourself and living logically/ethically in accordance with your values while building character. What I like about Stoicism is that it isn't about being perfect. They recognize that everyone has vices and it's natural to give in to them, but it's about training yourself to act more logically and not give into them at a destructive rate. It's been very interesting so far.

I've heard of Diogenes. He was the chad who basically told Alexander The Great to get the fuck out of his way, right? What a boss :king