ask me stuff

Warmmedown

Elite
Do you have to interview over Skype/Teams/Zoom or do a video interview. I just did a video interview thing a day ago and it was the worst thing in existence. Monologuing to a webcam is pretty awkward for beginners, even if you look at what some successful youtubers say, and I'm not applying for some grant to help kickstart my youtube channel or something so why am I doing this, wtf.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Do you have to interview over Skype/Teams/Zoom or do a video interview. I just did a video interview thing a day ago and it was the worst thing in existence. Monologuing to a webcam is pretty awkward for beginners, even if you look at what some successful youtubers say, and I'm not applying for some grant to help kickstart my youtube channel or something so why am I doing this, wtf.
What do you mean by "video interview" and how is it different from Skype/Teams/Zoom? There's no interviewer on the other side talking back to you?
And yeah, it'll be through Amazon's own video conference program but that's how pretty much how every tech company's been doing it these days. In-person has its advantages but back in the day I'd have to fly out to every non-local interview which isn't always ideal.

Warmmedown

Elite
Yeh there's nobody there lol. They pre-record people asking questions and you answer.

Reactions: Kyo

Warmmedown

Elite
I wouldn't do it again actually. It was a civil service job, but it's a 3rd party company hosting the interview and I'm guessing they might use your video for some training, marketing or AI training (training AI to read body language).

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Yeah that sounds weird as hell to be honest, if someone had me doing that I wouldn't be able to take them seriously.

Warmmedown

Elite
Song opinions:

edit: definitely find something like this better without the video, dunno about you

Checked the charts for this one. Guy's from here, roughly.

What you listening to in general recently? My Heart Will Go On?

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
How is your family life? Do you have a significant other?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Song opinions:

edit: definitely find something like this better without the video, dunno about you
I enjoy this, although I feel like I've heard a lot of songs like this.
I don't really know if the video makes it better or worse. There are some things in there I don't understand, but w/e.
I'd play this in my car (the hook is pretty nice).
British rappers sound funny to me though. I don't know if I've ever mentioned that, since we have talked about UK rappers before, but yeah. Not their fault. Well, it is, but yeah.
Not what I'd usually listen to but it's good I think.
Checked the charts for this one. Guy's from here, roughly.
This guy's voice isn't doing it for me tbh. The beat's nice though, I could see myself vibing to it if I didn't have to pay much attention to it.
What you listening to in general recently? My Heart Will Go On?
Nothing much, mostly just rap when I do listen to anything. I haven't really tried to explore anything new music lately though (new as in new to me, not just recently released music).

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a message with no more than 5 pieces of media."

I will be including them in a follow up post then, you stupid fucking website

How is your family life? Do you have a significant other?
Fine
No

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Nothing much, mostly just rap when I do listen to anything. I haven't really tried to explore anything new music lately though (new as in new to me, not just recently released music).

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a message with no more than 5 pieces of media."

I will be including them in a follow up post then, you stupid fucking website

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
How is your sister? Does she have a significant other?

Warmmedown

Elite
1: Nice. Very upbeat, but chill and consistent enough for listening in the background.
Wait..."smoking mary jane"? 😡 We are no longer friends.

2: This one seems kinda depressing.

3: this is quite cool. Is it trap? Sounds like a familiar style....maybe a bit like $uicideboy$.

4: that intro though....I lol'd for the first 2+ min straight and every time he said "we in this bitch throwing gang sign, bang". Think I've become conditioned to laugh whenever I start playing it again.

Yeh I wouldn't be surprised if you mentioned about them sounding funny before. There's starting to be more popular rappers from outside London too, probably sound even more funny.

You ever listened to phonk music? It's similar to trap but a bit more aggressive. I guess it's like that Mosh Pit Killa Ramirez song you posted a couple pages back actually.

Gonna send more...

How'd you find Mob Psycho? What'd you mean by dialogue? You can answer this bit on its own if you want, since you might forget soon.

Do you watch those big live action shows? I didn't for years (except some kdrama and End of the F***ing World on netflix), but I've been watching The Boys (the superhero one where the superheroes are all dicks just making money by pretending to be heroic and there's a group of normals trying to bring them down).

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....did you have any food in MD that you hadn't seen before in TX?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
How'd you find Mob Psycho? What'd you mean by dialogue? You can answer this bit on its own if you want, since you might forget soon.
It was good. I found the first episode a little misleading, as I didn't think much of it at first apart from it looking cool, but it turned out to be a much more character-driven story than I would've thought from just the beginning. It's also pretty funny.
By dialogue I just mean that there's a lot about Mob's feelings that's narrated to us. I feel like in certain places it could've been conveyed some other way.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
1: Nice. Very upbeat, but chill and consistent enough for listening in the background.
Wait..."smoking mary jane"? 😡 We are no longer friends.
kek
I have never touched the devil's lettuce nor do I have any plans to, much as I enjoy music about the chronic

3: this is quite cool. Is it trap? Sounds like a familiar style....maybe a bit like $uicideboy$.
It's trap/cloud rap. Cloud rap is apparently like a subset of trap that incorporates a hazy sound ala lo-fi.
These terms go over my head past a certain point though, but either way it's a style that I think became a lot more common in the late 2000s and 2010s. It's got a nice sound imo.

4: that intro though....I lol'd for the first 2+ min straight and every time he said "we in this bitch throwing gang sign, bang". Think I've become conditioned to laugh whenever I start playing it again.
gang shit b

You ever listened to phonk music? It's similar to trap but a bit more aggressive. I guess it's like that Mosh Pit Killa Ramirez song you posted a couple pages back actually.
I don't know if I have or not.
I looked it up. It sounds like you're describing a genre and it is indeed a genre, but there also seems to be an artist called "Phonk" something or other. Confusing...

Will get to the rest shortly.........

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Gonna send more...
lol I find this video funny for some reason. I also found it funny when he talked about smoking weed for some reason.
Not bad though, it's nice.

Catchy. Reminds me of a lot of American rap, all the way down to the flow.

I used to listen to a shit ton of Touhou fanmade music. A lot of it's gone from Youtube unfortunately, I should have saved it all somewhere because lord knows I'm not gonna remember most of the names.
This one's pretty nice.

>"video unavailable"
well then

I dunno what to make of this one. I can see how it'd get popular though, sounds catchy in a way. I can't make out most of the words without the subs.

Do you watch those big live action shows? I didn't for years (except some kdrama and End of the F***ing World on netflix), but I've been watching The Boys (the superhero one where the superheroes are all dicks just making money by pretending to be heroic and there's a group of normals trying to bring them down).
Not really. I've watched a few with my friends though. I watched, like, Daredevil back when that came out. Game of Thrones, but that was a long time ago at this time. I've watched some of the MCU shit with my friends but it's not gripping at all to me.

I've heard of The Boys but haven't gotten around to it. Have watched a few scenes from it.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....did you have any food in MD that you hadn't seen before in TX?
Their seafood's good. They have really great crab. Had these jumbo lump crab cakes that are incomparable to anything else. Expensive restaurant that my company treated us to a few times.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Which do you like more? Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z?

Which do you dislike more? Dragon Ball GT or Dragon Ball Super?

Favorite Arcs in DB, DBZ, DBGT, and DBS?

Favorite Movies in the DB Franchise?

What do you think of Dragon Ball Heroes?

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, or Piccolo?

Bulma, Chi Chi, Lunch, Maron, Android #18, or Videl?

Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yajirobe, or Roshi?

Tao Pai Pai, Piccolo Daimao, Ginyu, Freeza, Cell, or Boo?

Baby, Super #17, Syn Shenron, Zamasu, Jiren, or Broly?