ask me stuff

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Well I intend to watch:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime – it's shoujo but it doesn't seem to be generic tripe and maybe the historical aspects'll be interesting. Apparently has a strong female protagonist and all that jazz.
Aoharu x Kikanjuu – bcuz g3nder b3nder. No real hopes for this but I figured I'd try it out.
Dragon Ball Super – this is summer, fall, winter, spring, and summer.
Gangsta. – Saw the first ep, didn't think too much of it but it's fun enough so I shall continue.
Kangoku Gakuen/Prison School – the manga is hilarious.
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou – because I've forgotten what generic harem is like, so this looks like it'll remind me, but it looks like that fuckin spider chick is gonna give me nightmares so fuck this show already. Anyway hopefully it's funny.

Hmmm that's all I intend to pick up right off the bat, if I hear things about other shows then I might try em out too.

Arcadya

Low Class Warrior
What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?

Would you rather be trapped on an island with ravenous cannibals and delicious fried chicken, or with man-eating chickens and delicious people?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Arcadya said:
What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
48+ hours. I don't quite remember the exact number, but I do know that it was over two days and two nights. That was a bit crazy even when I did it back then, but these days I have trouble staying up for more than 24 hours at a time.
Arcadya said:
Would you rather be trapped on an island with ravenous cannibals and delicious fried chicken, or with man-eating chickens and delicious people?
Oh man.

I guess man-eating chickens and delicious people. Chickens are weaker than people (those claws would probably suck though), so I'd have a better chance of overpowering them and cooking them over a fire (they are still chickens) than I would of saving myself against a bunch of other people. Plus, they'd probably prioritize the other people over me because I'm not delicious. I'd feel guilty, but at least in this scenario I wouldn't have to directly kill anyone as I wouldn't want to eat any people no matter what, so that'd make me feel a little better about myself than the other situation.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Kyo said:
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime – it's shoujo but it doesn't seem to be generic tripe and maybe the historical aspects'll be interesting. Apparently has a strong female protagonist and all that jazz.
I thought the first episode was pretty solid. It doesn't have that god awful shoujo art style that I fuckin hate so much. I didn't even know it was shoujo until you said so.

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou – because I've forgotten what generic harem is like, so this looks like it'll remind me, but it looks like that fuckin spider chick is gonna give me nightmares so fuck this show already. Anyway hopefully it's funny.

I am ready for Papi and Suu.

Classroom Crisis had a pretty good first episode, as well as Rokka no Yuusha.

Tits or ass?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Oh yeah I fuckin hate dem shoujo eyes and shit. But anyway yeah, it's a shoujo manga, pretty popular in Japan and apparently it's been frequently topping "which manga/shoujo manga should we make into an anime" polls.

Anyway, ass.

If you want an explanation, read Prison School. If you're boring you can skip all the way here and read up to page 6, but I highly advise against it.

But anyway yeah I'd say ass.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I'm going to be watching Prison School ;D

If you could choose one anime to get a sequel, which would it be?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Baccano. It's got plenty of LN material to cover (which I have not read, but I've heard some things). I know it didn't do too well in Japan (Durarara was by the same guy and it came out later, but it's the one getting the sequel cuz it did better in sales n such), so I know it likely won't ever happen if it got overlooked for DRRR, so I'd pick that. Then again, Mushishi got a sequel after like 8 fucking years so I guess anything is possible.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I've yet to see that one.

Opinion on One Piece?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
It's cool. At first glance it comes off as incredibly immature and juvenile and goofy, which is partially true. Aside from that, One Piece succeeds where battle shounen like Bleach and Naruto do not, and that's by not trying to break the mold of a generic battle shounen. That sounds like a bad thing, but most shounen that try it just fall flat on their face, so having a battle shounen that, for lack of a better phrase, knows its place, is refreshing. It doesn't try hard at being really dark or deep and it doesn't suffer from "edginess." Aside from that, the worldbuilding is probably the most integral part of the story. The land is interesting and the history is being fleshed out well, and there's still more to learn and more being foreshadowed. It makes the fact that OP is so fucking long a bit less of an issue. Also, unlike most shounen mangaka, Oda plans far, far, far in advance and foreshadows everywhere. Despite its length, it's something that I can see myself rereading in my spare time as a result. It's also very consistent despite its length compared to things like DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, etc., but that isn't to say it's 100% consistent. Funnily enough, the single biggest plot hole I've come across in the series is in what's considered to be the best arc in the series by most.

I hear that it suffers some issues after a time skip such as signs of a lack of planning that Oda's known for, as well as flanderization of the cast (not that they don't often fall back onto their "defining trait/quirk" a lot due to the length of the story and the fact that you can't realistically spend all 700+ chapters fleshing out every character all at the same time), so that's a bit troubling to hear.

It's still not exactly my cup of tea – easy to see why, I mean Imma have to smack a motherfucker if I hear Luffy yell about his nakama anymore – and I still prefer a shounen like FMA to it, which is one that actually more or less succeeds at being darker and meaningful, but I don't think I'll ever hate it.

Sorry for the text wall but I get like this sometimes when discussing this sort of stuff lol

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
What's your favorite of those super popular battle shounens?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Fullmetal Alchemist. Or FMA Brotherhood, anime-wise.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
What are your after highschool plans?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Oshino Shinobu said:
What are your after highschool plans?
I'm attending college this fall. Will study electrical and computer engineering.
Saiyan said:
When you'll be marry at least in your prediction?
Hopefully before 30. I like my freedom, so to speak, but if I marry I'll probably want kids, and I don't want to be too old when that happens.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Are you excited to go to college?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
For the most part. I won't dorm but I'll still probably spend most of my time there (university is like smack dab in the middle of downtown so it's not like I'll ever get bored, and that probably doesn't even matter much anyway), plus I'll be more free than I ever was in HS. I'm just worried about how my studies will sap my time. I mostly coasted through HS so that transition will probably be tough.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Just don't skip class and fail a bunch of them like I did. haha

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Because, Godhand, you're a creepy youngin'-lovin' stalker who probably already knows all he needs to know.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
<del>Why has this gone without a post today, boi?</del>

Favourite JoJo character besides Joseph?

Favourite moment in the JJBA 2012 anime?

Which anime/manga character would you most like to have as your bro?