Dragon Ball Discussion

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I want to give this topic a test run. This is meant to discuss something small within Dragon Ball that you want to share with others or discuss about. Something small enough that you don't find it topic worthy, so we can combine all of these small conversations that may otherwise not be discussed into one thread.

For example, I'm reading the Android Saga right now and Goku doesn't know why he can't sense the Androids despite meeting Android 8 in Dragon Ball. Like why doesn't he know he wouldn't be able to sense a mechanical man? Lol

Let me know what you think of this topic idea, I'm going to pin it for now as I can at least see myself creating discussion value when I notice small things in the manga or anime.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why does Goku treat Gohan like fodder sending him to tend to Yajirobe, yet allows Tenshinhan and Yamcha to chase down both Androids. Makes no sense to me.

p123

Elite
It's a respect thing. Everyone except the Super Saiyans and Piccolo are complete fodder. Goku can order around his boy, if he orders around Tien, he knows he will shame that fool. Look how bad he reacts to being confirmed fodder, nigga runs away from his friends/family and trains in the mountain for the rest of his life with his fleshlight doll. Dude is nuts. Goku is generally very accommodating to people's egos.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Why did Piccolo offer help to Vegeta after Cell's defeat? He seemed to despise Vegeta and even called him an arrogant at Kami's temple.

Goku is generally very accommodating to people's egos.
Saying to Vegeta I am way stronger than you :mrgreen:

p123

Elite
Hence the word, generally. He didn't want to tell Vegeta about Super Saiyan 3 remember?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
At what part did he call him arrogant and whatnot? Piccolo may have seen his character changing when he decided to help Gohan. Not to mention he went crazy due to Trunks' death.

p123

Elite
Vegeta has great character development regarding that. He finally admitted to having feelings. Vegeta's emotional lows are some of the best parts of DBZ. Vegeta saving Gohan, getting pissed about Trunks, crying at the defeat of Freeza are probably the deepest hitting parts of the series.

Buu Saga Vegeta is character assassination. He had come to terms with Goku being his superior 7 years ago. He had embraced that he had love in his heart. For him to sell his soul to gain power was ridiculous. It shouldn't have happened honestly.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
SuperSaiyan2 said:
At what part did he call him arrogant
S7mqfNd.png

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Could Goku even sense Chi at that point of Dragon Ball?

The first time I recall him actually sensing Chi was after he powered-up through the Super Holy Water. Any other times where he made note of someone else's Chi before that?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Oh, yeah. I mean I think Piccolo and Vegeta will always have that cocky rivalry sort of thing going on even when they respect each other. But I'd say my point above stands, Piccolo noticed Vegeta changed during the Games.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Evil Vegeta said:
Could Goku even sense Chi at that point of Dragon Ball?

The first time I recall him actually sensing Chi was after he powered-up through the Super Holy Water. Any other times where he made note of someone else's Chi before that?

I don't believe so, but I think there were mentioning of fighting spirit prior to the Super Water statement. But wouldn't Goku remember that his friend existed? Lol

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Would Android Saga SSJ Vegeta's ki feel evil? The Z fighters looked nervous as fuck when he transformed.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Well, Piccolo said against Boo was the first time Vegeta ever fought for someone else and just there he conquered his respect.

@Evil Vegeta - When Tenshinhan was charging his Kikoho at the 22nd Budokai, Goku noted "what an amazing chi", so I think he already had some sort of ability in sensing it, but not that improved as his post hax water's self.

@SuperSaiyan2 - Yeah, I think Vegeta had an evil chi. When Piccolo made note of someone approaching and that he didn't feel malice on the chi [Yajirobe], Gohan guessed Vegeta, to which Kuririn replied saying he had an evil chi.

p123

Elite
Piccolo talking about Vegeta's growth as a person is always epic shit.

"He's done it! He has learned to not beat his kid everyday! Amazing..."

p123

Elite
Vegeta and Freeza's relationship teeters on the pedo side of things. Vegeta absolutely was a virgin imo. He was probably very royal and high class when around raping Nappa and looked down on him and his ways. He had royal blood and would not fuck trash. There were no Saiyans when he came of age. He was hell bent on claiming victory over his captors. And so on. His reaction to Bulma initially is not one of any sort of lust. Any normal man will still want to bang whether taken by force, thinks lowly of her etc. It just was never there. But AT is a pedo and has no idea how to write sexually at all, he's probably only been with a handful of women and he's Master Roshi at the end of the day.