Dragon Ball Super Strength Checker (Viz Manga)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I adore your respek, although I am 7 chapters behind now.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Will this go to the end? I can do this if you want, when I get the time and if I can get myself to do it.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Shit. I started back up on this and then forgot about it.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I still think making another thread is better. I mean, there isn't even a note saying "Hey, the rest of the SC is on page 8!", plus as the Manga goes the SC will be all over the pages.

I can make the other thread for you if you think it's too much of a hard job, KP. I'd just like your blessing to do so.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
That's easily fixed by increasing the character limit per post, though. Which I just did. :D (Hopefully that was allowed...)

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I thought only SSJ2 and Paladin could deal with this kind of stuff... Either way, good job man :nice

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I wonder if the new character limit will be enough. I'm on chapter 32 now and my Word doc is nearly 70,000 characters without the formatting.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Sorry if this is somehow discrediting your effort, but I think such is irrelevant when we know VIZ isn't exactly up there in strength line accuracy. They aren't as literal as possible, and we obsessed strength-fans would like for the dialog to be as close to the original as possible...therefore we wouldn't really be making a confident point only basing it off on a VIZ translation.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
ahill1 said:
Sorry if this is somehow discrediting your effort, but I think such is irrelevant when we know VIZ isn't exactly up there in strength line accuracy. They aren't as literal as possible, and we obsessed strength-fans would like for the dialog to be as close to the original as possible...therefore we wouldn't really be making a confident point only basing it off on a VIZ translation.
So what are you suggesting then? I mean Heels used to translate but not anymore iirc.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
ahill1 said:
The way I figure it, if Herms isn't going to translate the manga, then Viz is the next best thing. It's far better than the early fanslations or whatever that aren't official and you don't really know who's doing it or what their background in translating is. At least with Viz, we have the general idea.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
SSJ7 Gogeta said:
if Herms isn't going to translate the manga,

Did Herms actually say he wouldn't be making a new Strength Checker?

I figured he wasn't since there's been no hint of it as far as I know.