Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Discussing about games..... Pfffttt. How boring. And the last post is from FW.... Expected better from you man!

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Wonder when the release is. That looks pretty close to completion.

Future Warrior

Elite
164 character slots counted in total (which includes variations of the same character.)

I think that’s roughly the same as BT3. So basically as I expected, they are gonna do a decent cleansing of the original roster.

Warmmedown

Elite
Been so long since I heard the English pronunciation of kaioken.

Also why did Goku say one of my IRL names when he was angry...

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The original roster had too many useless characters tbh. Stuff like Pilaf Robot and Babidi were beyond useless.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Lord Appule vs Spopovitch better be possible.

Future Warrior

Elite
I wonder how they are gonna handle DB characters since most of them don’t fly. It was weird how they did it in the original games (hovering down slowly while in the air).

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I wonder how they are gonna handle DB characters since most of them don’t fly. It was weird how they did it in the original games (hovering down slowly while in the air).
They might just skip over DB characters tbh. Infinite World and the Raging Blast characters did. Although, since there's a Mafuba subplot in the FT arc Piccolo Daimao might still be in the game.

Future Warrior

Elite
They might just skip over DB characters tbh. Infinite World and the Raging Blast characters did. Although, since there's a Mafuba subplot in the FT arc Piccolo Daimao might still be in the game.
Sounds pretty cheap when they said this was a true sequel rather than a successor, but Knowing modern gaming trends they'll probably lock them behind a paywall.

Last edited:

BrockWarner

Totally get the skepticism about the DB characters in Budokai Tenkaichi 4. Paywalls can be a buzzkill. Speaking of it, stumbled upon this mobile game called Cash Solitaire during a gaming dry spell. It's like hitting the jackpot unexpectedly. You never know where you'll find the next gaming fix, haha.

Last edited:

Warmmedown

Elite
Didn't see this anywhere:

dbsz-characters-map.png

139 tiles. BT3 had 161. (wait: just seen Future Warrior say 164, where's that?)

Looks to be grouped by arc.
Bottom left is Buu Arc: Vegeta Base, SSJ1, SSJ2, Majin; Goku Base to SSJ3; Mr Satan and Fat Boo.
Top right is Cell Saga: Vegeta Base, SSJ, ASSJ; 18; Perfect Cell; Trunks I think. who's the one above SSJ Goku? Is that Base Goku? And who's two above Cell? Freeza?
Middle to Top Left is probably Saiyan Saga - Scouter Vegeta, Ape Vegeta, Krillin looks like he's making a kienzan, Piccolo about to fire makankosappo, but Tien's clothes aren't the ones from the Saiyan Saga. Not sure what the other one is lol, looks like Goku but covered in a cloud of dust - actually, looks like it's hands on the bottom left, ready for a kamehameha. If the one above Cell is Freeza, then maybe Freeza Saga is here too, with Mecha Freeza being in the tile to his right.
Bottom middle to bottom right is Battle of the Gods/Super - Goku/Vegeta in Base, SSJ, Red, Blue; Android 17; Future Trunks; Bergamo (had to google this guy), idk who the pink guy is...Jiren? Then two Brolys on the right - I guess they're from the DBS Movie.

So I guess bottom right is gonna be filled out by DB Super characters, including loads from the ToP.

Bottom left easily filled out by Buu Saga - there are about 15 or so spaces left. With Babidi, Spopovich, Kaioshin, 2 Videls (incl. Saiyaman 2), Dabura, 5 Gohans (incl. Saiyaman), 2 Vegitos, 2 Goten, 2 Trunks, 3 Gotenks, 4 Buus, Piccolo, Puipui, Yakon....easy to hit 15+ more from those.

Can top right be filled by Cell/Android? There's about 20 spaces. With 3 Gohans, 3 Cells, 1 Vegeta, 5 Gokus, Freeza, King Cold, 2 Trunks, A19, A20, A17, A16, 2 Piccolos, Yamcha, Tien, Krillin...can hit 20+.

Top left - is it gonna be only the Saiyan arc or Freeza too? About 20 or so there again. 3 Gohans, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Chazou, another Piccolo, Raditz, Nappa, Saibaman...tough to hit 20, even with a few Gokus thrown in, so maybe it'll be Freeza saga there too, with fewer Saiyan saga forms: 5 Freezas, 2 Gokus, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Zarbon, Dodoria, Ginyu force, Appule, Bulma...hmmm, kinda tough to fit, but maybe there's room if the Buu saga is gonna snake under the Super characters.

Is that gonna be the only page? You can feasibly cram DBZ and Super onto it, even with ridiculous numbers of forms. If they're limited to the roster size of BT3 (161), they won't fit Dragon Ball, GT and the DBZ movies in. They could do just Dragon Ball I guess, like Goku, Pilaf, Roshi, Roshi 2, Krillin, Yamcha, Namu, Giran, Jackie Chun, Blue, Murasaki, Tao, Tao 2, Spikey the Devilmeng, Tien, Chazou, Tambourine, Kami, Popo, Piccolo Sr, Piccolo Jr, Chichi, Chichi 2 - tbf that's basically everyone and takes it to 163. Gonna need another 10 for the major movie characters, dunno about GT.

Guess it'll be the same, unless they just accept that DB characters can't fly and can be spammed from the sky. Could be cool to have fights similar to in DB, with characters that can only jump or use beams to fly and then fall quickly.

Warmmedown

Elite
nm, forgot to count the bottom and top rows lol. In that case there's no way to fit DB without going bigger than BT3. Like at least 175 or so. To fit in GT and the movies, gonna be like 200 characters...

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I love how Bergamo is randomly one of the featured characters lol

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
We better get MUI Roshi.