Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Do you have the Season Pass? If so, you can just download the A New Power Awakens Part 1 DLC, grind whatever the highest level Whis training you can comfortably beat a little for sacred waters and overlevel yourself to the point of stomping any enemy in the main story and Villainous side battles.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
Nah I don’t have it. Going to finish the story and maybe get the DLC after.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
[youtube]QLi8eyNwcRU[/youtube]

So instead of U6 or FT arcs, we're instead dealing with an adaptation of the History of Trunks TVA special. Assuming that everything in Super post-FnF will be in a sequel game.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Kind of disappointed because I was assuming we'd get FT arc DLC and I was looking forward to playing it. At least with this it seems like Kakarot is leaning toward being based off the anime for things outside the main story of DBZ, so we'd probably get the anime versions of U6 and everything onwards including battles like SSJBKK x 10 Galu vs. Hit or Galu actually getting to fight Black... in like 2 or 3 years or however long it takes for them to make the sequel.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Sovereign Master of Spamifestation
I've been hyped about this game since before it was released. I purchased it last year for my Nintendo Switch, and still haven't opened it yet. I can't wait for the day to arrive where I actually begin playing it. It sounds like it's going to be very enjoyable, and I hope it makes me relive the joys of my childhood. I'll try to remember and report back when that moment has arrived.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I completed the game sans the random Freeza soldier swarm challenges, pr good other than most of the Boo arc being cutscene hell and the Whis training to get forms you already have unless you decide to pause the story just before Yakon being worthless. Might play it again once I purchase a PS5

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I've been hyped about this game since before it was released. I purchased it last year for my Nintendo Switch, and still haven't opened it yet. I can't wait for the day to arrive where I actually begin playing it. It sounds like it's going to be very enjoyable, and I hope it makes me relive the joys of my childhood. I'll try to remember and report back when that moment has arrived.
This might finally be happening very soon!

I'm not in the mood to complete Ni No Kuni II... I'm not in the mood to complete Ys IX... I started playing Northgard yesterday, and am enjoying it very much. I intend to beat the story mode, at this moment. After Northgard, I can definitely see Kakarot being my next game. I really hope I enjoy it to the extent that I enjoyed Witcher 3.

I'll report back when the moment comes and I begin playing, and I'll also update with impressions.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
So, I'm hoping to begin Kakarot this Saturday. Fingers crossed that it'll actually happen.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
The time is nigh...

cUnWFX3.jpg

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I just played a bit more, and have nearly 3 hours of gameplay. It runs well enough on the Switch, and I've only played in docked mode. I'm going to progress slowly and actually enjoy all of the side missions and random events. So far, I'm having fun and enjoying it.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I'll finally have some free time to continue playing tomorrow. I believe the last time that I played, the play time was 4.5 hours. If I recall correctly, I just arrived to King Kai's Planet, as Goku.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Bear with me... as my... inner fanboy... RAGES WITH PURE LOVE!!!!!!1111

FUCK, I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH!!! IT HAS TO BE MY FAVORITE DBZ GAME TO DATE!!!

I played 7.5 hours, and just concluded the Saiyan Saga. Now, I'm in intermission before I head over to Namek. There's so much to do! There are quite a few areas to explore, and secrets to uncover! I haven't encountered many side quests yet, however, it seems that they'll pile on from this moment onward.

The game runs well on the Switch, and haven't had any issues. I've only played in docked mode.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I'm 12 hours in now. I'm on Namek, and just fought Cui as Vegeta. There hasn't been one moment yet where I wasn't enjoying the game or having fun. I'm very happy so far with how the game is presented, and it seems to be very promising.

I actually explored a lot of the world map on Earth, I fought a lot of random enemy encounters, I completed all of the side missions available at every presentable moment. It's just so much fun being able to fly and explore the world of DBZ.

I hope the game either remains this terrific, or improves, by the time I finish it!

I haven't valued many games at the $60 mark in recent years, but I feel this is one that is worthy of that value.

Please! If you haven't played this game yet, do yourself a great service and play it!

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I don’t mean to shit on your good time but I felt the same way until I got the the Buu part and the game gets a lot less fun.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I don’t mean to shit on your good time but I felt the same way until I got the the Buu part and the game gets a lot less fun.
I haven't played since my last update. I'll report back when I get to that part, and we'll find out if I share your sentiments.