Netflix live action series

Warmmedown

Elite
It looks way more impressive than I thought
you started it? It definitely doesn't feel amateurish, aside from the child actors.

I'd rather watch the Netflix show for the first two arcs of OP (Morgan and Buggy), but those were my least fave arcs. I'm on the Kuro arc now (you can see the directors really made it their own show here instead of just trying to copy the anime, because it has a slight slasher horror vibe, which was never in the anime) and it is good, but we'll see how the fight goes. Things are definitely rushed sometimes, because they only have 8 episodes - like there's not loads of time to build suspense. Still waiting for it to get me properly emotional or to feel epic like the anime. But most of the potentially emotional scenes have involved child actors, so maybe when it's all adults it'll go better. Also wondering if Zoro will get some comedic parts or stay serious all the time. Wonder how the Japanese dub is, since it uses the original VAs but I imagine they'll still have to adjust their voices to suit the relative tameness of the live action.

So far I'd say watching the Netflix is like drinking coffee every day. Pretty consistently good. Watching the anime was like drinking coffee, but occasionally laced with a bunch of cocaine.

Warmmedown

Elite
Oh god I hate Sanji's accent. Sounds like an Essex or London guy, not sure. Fucking hell, am I watching Kidulthood/Adulthood (Adulthood was alright)?

Future Warrior

Elite
I watched all 8 episodes and I found it to be quite solid. I do believe some of the things they cut kind of made the arcs less impactful than the manga (Baratie and Arlong Park), but they did what they could with the time they had.

I quite liked what they did with Orange Town. Maybe even better than the manga.

Warmmedown

Elite
I was surprised they used the manga version for Zeff losing his leg.

Orange Town was good, but it missed Zoro slipping on the hill (so funny in the anime, for me at least. They cut out all of Zoro's comedic stuff) and Luffy getting angry about Kuro hurting his own crew was more impactful in the anime, since you actually get to see Luffy's anger building. But yeh they had limited time, so they did well.
Not reach Arlong Park yet, but I've read about it and changing how the Bellemere stuff went down seems pointless, since it didn't save any time - same for the village not knowing that Nami was collecting the money. I also didn't like how they meet Arlong at Baratie, rather than just at Arlong Park. They did the "which one is Arlong?" thing, but it's nowhere near the same as doing after Luffy and the crew are aware of Nami's situation.

Warmmedown

Elite
8.5 on IMDB. If it's still above 7 when SIAD finishes the anime in 2042, SHC adds Floppy as a middle name on his legal ID in the UK and Dumfak in Germany.

Warmmedown

Elite
I stopped watching the Netflix after ep 5 and tbh I skipped through parts of that episode - might watch more tho since my cousin is watching it (who hasn't seen One Piece) and they think it's good. Seeing the Natflix show makes me wanna rewatch the early anime instead. Probably will if they end up watching it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I stopped watching the Netflix after ep 5 and tbh I skipped through parts of that episode - might watch more tho since my cousin is watching it (who hasn't seen One Piece) and they think it's good. Seeing the Natflix show makes me wanna rewatch the early anime instead. Probably will if they end up watching it.
You love the early anime?

Warmmedown

Elite
Arlong is very good and Baratie and Kuro are pretty great too. More I just thought it would good to revisit it after a long time and I thought the Netflix is good but didn't provide the same intensity of emotion or excitement of the anime, but it would be good to watch the anime again to see how true that is.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Arlong is very good and Baratie and Kuro are pretty great too. More I just thought it would good to revisit it after a long time and I thought the Netflix is good but didn't provide the same intensity of emotion or excitement of the anime, but it would be good to watch the anime again to see how true that is.
The music too & every-thing-else (voices, atmosphere & all), IIRC I think I think.