Recent Chapter Discussion

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Eh, it’s nothing to do with that. It’s just natural progression of antagonists.

Plus I was speaking more towards durability.
I honestly think with Kaido's hype he should've been a few levels above even G5 Luffy and only beaten due to sheer luck and whatnot. I don't like the idea of new dudes showing up that can rival/surpass him in areas without the proper status like being Im or another Yonko/Pirate King tier opponent

Future Warrior

Elite
I don't like the idea of new dudes showing up that can rival/surpass him in areas without the proper status like being Im or another Yonko/Pirate King tier opponent
The Gorosei are publicly the highest authority in the world though.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The Gorosei are publicly the highest authority in the world though.
Aren't they basically Tenryuubito bosses? It's been a while honestly since I read OP (basically only read chapters sparsely after Dressrosa). Even with that I think their hype falls short of "The World's Strongest Being" or whatever Kaido's title was.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The Gorosei being that strong has been hinted at since their introduction. We saw the guy with presumably one of the best swords in the series, and they are all battle scarred. It makes sense.

Future Warrior

Elite
Aren't they basically Tenryuubito bosses? It's been a while honestly since I read OP (basically only read chapters sparsely after Dressrosa). Even with that I think their hype falls short of "The World's Strongest Being" or whatever Kaido's title was.
They make the decision making of everything that happens to the normal folk of the world and are essentially looked upon as gods.

This includes the marines which posses the admirals, and authority is usually a representation of power in One Piece.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They make the decision making of everything that happens to the normal folk of the world and are essentially looked upon as gods.

This includes the marines which posses the admirals, and authority is usually a representation of power in One Piece.
I guess, but they never really gave me the impression they were actually godlike in power, just masterminds of the WG. It's a bit weird to imagine a bunch of niggas on par with or above admirals just lurking around, but if authority = power then I guess it's acceptable.

Future Warrior

Elite
I guess, but they never really gave me the impression they were actually godlike in power, just masterminds of the WG. It's a bit weird to imagine a bunch of niggas on par with or above admirals just lurking around, but if authority = power then I guess it's acceptable.
But that’s the point. Oda made it vague from the start which leads to the surprise factor being so significant.

Even in-universe, it seems his subordinates weren’t even aware of their powers either.

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The Gorosei were likely the 5 people responsible for winning the Void Century war along with Im. I don't find it odd for them to be that strong at all.

Future Warrior

Elite
The Gorosei were likely the 5 people responsible for winning the Void Century war along with Im. I don't find it odd for them to be that strong at all.
Nah I think there’s been some implications that they weren’t around during the Void century. I don’t exactly remember what they were though.

It may have been how they were talking about the Nika fruit in 1044. They were talking about how all eras of the WG kept the fruit secret, implying their lack of involvement.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Maybe, but considering they look identical since the God Valley incident would imply that at least some of them have probably been around since then.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Where do you think their battle scars came from considering the government has been basically unchallenged since its inception?

Future Warrior

Elite
That's a good question on it's own but it doesn't change what the story is conveying.

1037-015.png

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The way I look at that, I think it can prove that not all of the Gorosei are 800+ years old, but it doesn't mean that some can't be. Warcury is speaking about the fruit with authority - as if he has direct knowledge of the subject, whereas the youngest looking one clearly doesn't know shit.

Imagine if Whitebeard lived for 800 years. He wouldn't have considered Roger a legend when they were both in their primes, but 800 years later? Surely Roger would be a legend even to Whitebeard at that point.

Future Warrior

Elite
Surely Roger would be a legend even to Whitebeard at that point.

I think I know what you mean but to me this is a reach. We'll have to agree to disagree.

On a different note.
Where do you think their battle scars came from considering the government has been basically unchallenged since its inception?
If you're implying they haven't been met with any kind of resistance or threats against them, that is simply untrue.

one-piece-iron-giant-attacks-marijoa.jpg

And we've seen Saturn himself leave the sacred land more than once. There is no reason to believe they haven't been forced to engage in a single battle for centuries.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
If you're implying they haven't been met with any kind of resistance or threats against them, that is simply untrue.

And we've seen Saturn himself leave the sacred land more than once. There is no reason to believe they haven't been forced to engage in a single battle for centuries.
That's fair, although they also have the God's Knights or whatever they're called.

We'll have to wait and see with the others, but Saturn having scars at all is odd considering he regenerates from even Yonko level attacks. It must have come from before he ate his fruit, whenever that would have been.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
There were only two options with the 5 elders, either they held political power only, or they were some of the strongest beings in the verse.

The only issue with them being stronger than Kaidou is why they bothered letting the yonko and shichibukai exist at all.