SSJ2 watches Duelist Kingdom

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, i guess that's their way so ppl can buy sets even if they don't want newer cards i think. that's sort-of annoying i think. u could at-least keep them separate so older players can buy the old cards they like & newer players can buy their new fav.s i think.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd buy the Battle City boxset if it weren't for the legal Ra being garbage without Sphere mode and the support spells/traps

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
battle-city box-set are speed-duels tho right?! (if i can ask) i don't think that different from normal old-school yu-gi-oh!, but still (i think).

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
heyo, even-tho not english or a language i can understand here's a vid. showing how to screw that on i think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
9-B416-BF7-B928-4585-82-D3-2729-DB012-E1-F.jpg

Shocking that this didn’t make it into the anime :ha

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Cool. Far better than any filler in the anime, that's for sure. The Shadi mini-arc and the Pharaoh's Memories portions are my favs.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
What the fuck? I never noticed that.

I'm actually surprised that didn't make it into the anime. There was less restriction at the start so it would have been fine.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yami Yugi killed some guy by lighting him on fire lol. The manga has been pretty savage so far. What's strange is there's no mention of Duel Monsters after 8-9 chapters (aside from the first panel in the manga). Everything has been some random shadow game ignited by Yugi.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yami Yugi killed some guy by lighting him on fire lol. The manga has been pretty savage so far. What's strange is there's no mention of Duel Monsters after 8-9 chapters (aside from the first panel in the manga). Everything has been some random shadow game ignited by Yugi.
Card games don't become part of the plot until early in volume 2 when Kaiba is first introduced. After Kaiba's next appearance after that it basically takes over the manga starting in DK obviously.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Btw they later revealed that escaped death row convict survived and just got severe burns in a magazine or some shit lmao, same with that grill guy who got blown up. Takahashi trying his hardest to pretend he didn't depict Yami Yugi as a total psychopath early on.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I mean he seems pretty psychopathic lol.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah the author wrote an explanation for that in one of the Bunkoban rereleases of the series. Apparently Atem's soul got mixed in with the other entities sealed in the Puzzle (not gonna say who to avoid spoilers for the final arc in the series) and that's why he acts like Bakura or Marik's dark halves early on.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He seems to have more abilities too. He somehow managed to remove the makeup from that teacher's face in chapter 7 lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Read Kaiba vs Yugi last night. Have to say, the anime killed it in comparison. Should I expect this for most duels?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
One thing I've noticed is that Shadi seems far more deranged in the manga. I guess that can be said about everyone to some degree.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Everyone gets softer by the time of Duelist Kingdom (hell Yami was softer during Death-T). The old Yami from the first 3-4 volumes would've given Haga a one way trip to the Shadow Realm a mindfuck the instant he beat him.