SSJ2 watches Duelist Kingdom

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
i also think the dartz arc was bad because that felt so out-of-place in original yu-gi-oh!. in a series abt egyptian mythology & nameless pharaoh, a filller arc abt atlantis & leviathan... :wat :wat :wat
Not to mention it totally contradicted the ancient Egyptian origins of Duel Monsters with that bullshit about thrm being from another dimension and coexisting with Atlantans

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
813-AC41-B-36-C1-49-A7-A400-AADAE05-C6-AF6.jpg

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
i think i knw that doesn't have much to do with the thread but i got alternate-art winged-dragon of ra from a recent booster-pack set i think :troll:troll :troll

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, but the card has decent compatible cards to help that out knw, tho i think. still not as power-ful as in the anime obvsly i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
ye, but the card has decent compatible cards to help that out knw, tho i think. still not as power-ful as in the anime obvsly i think

It's way worse than the anime's Ra. It can't be special summoned except by using the Immortal Phoenix's special effect, and even with like 7 other support cards they still weren't able to replicate all of the original Ra's effects - all of which were contained in one card (all the Ra support cards combined with the regular Ra, esp. if you have multiple copies of the regular Ra to ensure some end up in the GY - take up like a 4th of your whole deck).

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
i think that's true, but the card for the time was also too op maybe i think, even-tho nowadays with all the other arguably even more op cards (synchro cards & xyz cards i think), i don't knw why they might not bring the card-out like that was in manga i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Anime Ra would still be OP as hell even in today's climate. In fact, Osiris is even more OP now than it would've been in the DM era with the anime effects, since most low-level Synchro Tuner monsters and the like would get destroyed the instant they're summoned when Osiris is on the field.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
winged-dragon of ra can still be removed from field via effect tho, right? (if u can & want to answer)

i think a-lot of synchro & maybe even xyz cards have that effect & they can be summoned in 1 turn too i think

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
winged-dragon of ra can still be removed from field via effect tho, right? (if u can & want to answer)

i think a-lot of synchro & maybe even xyz cards have that effect & they can be summoned in 1 turn too i think
In the manga Ra was immune to the effects of the other two God Cards, immune to all Traps and only affected by a handful of Spell Cards, like Monster Reborn's Special Summoning effect and Dimension Magic's Destruction effect that was technically treated as a combined attack of Dark Magician and DMG. In the anime it seems Ra's immunity is slightly nerfed, with Marik needing Class System to defend against Obelisk's Infinite Attack effect, as well as redirected Lightning Bombs from Osiris being able to destroy Ra in the final duel in the series. The GX anime also made Ra vulnerable to the Field Spell Mound of Bound Creator iirc, but that is probably because it specifically is a support card for Divine monsters.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
meng, i got back to yu-gi-oh! i think l0l. i bought the prismatic-box thing i think, sort-of expensive but worth that i think. i got that for relatively cheap, that's just the import that costs a-lot i think (i knw i'm stupid i think :king :king :king ) . i jst don't knw how to assemble the display thing i think l0l. there were to screw like things in the box, but i am not sure on how to use that.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
this i think :king :king :king

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Oh nice. I got the gold sarcophagus a year or two ago. I want to get back into it but I hate the new cards so much. Was better when it was simple.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, that's why i mainly bought sets when they came with old-cards, from like duel-monsters era (at latest yu-gi-oh! gx era i think) i think :king :king:king

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I hate the new summoning methods. Why build a deck around a theme when the next series will inevitably make it irrelevant in 4 years? Gay.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
that's like a gacha game nowadays i think, not that that wasn't before i think but now that's more blatant abt that i think

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
ye, that's why i mainly bought sets when they came with old-cards, from like duel-monsters era (at latest yu-gi-oh! gx era i think) i think :king :king:king
Yea I got the reprints of the old sets as well. It still didn't feel right to me. Plus the rare mega pack was full of new useless monsters that I didn't give a fuck about.