SSJ2 watches Duelist Kingdom

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That's Ash Ketchum's VA. Sadly you'll be stuck with her for the rest of the series. Idk why they couldn't just get a male VA for him.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The first one was bad enough. This one is unbearable.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
[youtube]T3epaSU8j2Q[/youtube]

Just look at this faggotry. This is supposed to be a serious moment where the main villain of the show swears he'll have revenge, but it sounds like a 12 year old vowing revenge in the fucking playground. I get why they changed the VA, since the first one died, but I don't know why it had to be Rica Matsumoto of all fucking people.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
2-B84-F170-7-CD5-435-E-83-BB-D77-B8151684-A.jpg

About to get clowned by Kaiba again :ha

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Damn it’s too bad that duel didn’t happen :ha

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Joey couldn't make it to the finals if he got clowned right there.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Would be worth it for the one-liners from Kaiba

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Man I can’t take this Marik vs Bakura scene seriously with Bakura’s voice. What a joke

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I honestly doubt Kazuki Takahashi actually picked out that woman's voice. It's also quite telling that he had a proper male voice actor in the Toei '98 anime too.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Kenshi said:
I honestly doubt Kazuki Takahashi actually picked out that woman's voice. It's also quite telling that he had a proper male voice actor in the Toei '98 anime too.

Damn really? That makes it even more disappointing. Why not stick with that VA?

Is the 98 anime worth watching?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Super Saiyan said:
Kenshi said:

Damn really? That makes it even more disappointing. Why not stick with that VA?

Is the 98 anime worth watching?

Cuz a lot of them were lucrative, expensive VAs like Megumi Ogata (Kurama from YYH, Shinji Ikari). A lot of YGO DM's VAs were pretty novice VAs when they joined the cast, with Jonouchi's VA not having many prolific roles other than Hisoka from the 1999 HxH anime and Shunsuke Kazama being a singer moonlighting as a voice actor (which is why he sucked for like 60-65 eps).

The 1998 anime is just a dumbed down version of the first 7 volumes of the manga, with even less sense being made in Duels and most of Atem's brutal shadow game penalty routines being reduced to mere illusions. It also has quite the shitty soundtrack and removes Dark Magician from the classic Exodia Duel for some reason. 3/10, basically. Not recommended. It wasn't even released after the initial VHS releases, which is why LittleKuriboh couldn't abridge it for a long time because it was near impossible to find the RAWs.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Jonouchi was Hisoka? Rly can't imagine that :ha

Noted. I'll just read the manga then at some point.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah, Hiroki Takahashi voiced both characters. It's difficult to tell because with Hisoka he has a borderline gay accent and sounds like he is jizzing to something half the time, while Joey is the typical hardheaded shonen protag with a heart of gold.

The manga is far better. However, after the Duelist Kingdom arc the only thing it does better than the anime is the Millennium World/Pharaoh's Memories arc, which makes reading the Battle City arc fairly redundant imo.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
well at-least with yugi/yami-yugi that might have been 1 of the few times where a main-character was played by some1 who is actually the same age or so as the character i think :king :king :king

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
07-C43-BCB-0-D7-D-46-D6-9-FE5-5-C9-D7-F1-BEACB.jpg

Lmfao only Kaiba could pull this sorcery off :ha

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I still have no clue what the cards are made of. They can be ripped apart easily but withstand water damage and can pierce human flesh when thrown with enough force. It makes no sense.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The first episode of Yugi vs Bakura was terrible. Bakura’s VA is not tolerable.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
How is it that an effeminate fag like Marik has a normal sounding voice and Bakura still sounds 11 lmao