Dragon Ball Super Strength Checker (Viz Manga)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
January 5th is when the next chapter should be out. Hopefully it's a doozy.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
@Chet Lemon Chapter 15 is released! Take your time. https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/digital/dragon-ball-super-chapter-15/5030?read=1

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
That was a lot faster than I thought. Interesting. Maybe it really is true that the manga is gonna pull ahead of the anime.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
"This is amazing. You're so much better than Gohan from back than." - Viz SSJ2 Goku (typo mode)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Doing a quick read-through, I'm noticing quite a lot of differences, however minor. Also, some spelling/grammar mistakes, which is weird for Viz, and it's bothering the shit outta me. Anyway, some notable things...

- Trunks says he trained "a lot" in the future, but was "nowhere near" strong enough to fight Black. He also says they started fighting a year ago (in Trunks' time), so that at least gives a good time frame for some things. Additionally, whilst fighting Goku, he says he "trained himself to death" for 10 years.
- Trunks says Black destroyed "several other planets" and their civilizations, so I'm assuming that means he outright busted the planets if the further distinction was made.
- Goku says Trunks has "gotten better," and is "so much better" than Cell Games Gohan (he says Gohan from "back than" which is one of the fucking mistakes that's driving me crazy because in the next panel, "back THEN" is used correctly!!!).
- Whis says Trunks and Goku's skills are almost equal, "or maybe Trunks is slightly better." So that's probably going to lead to some different interpretations.
- Vegeta says full power SSj2 Trunks is "as strong" as SSj3 Goku, not on par or anything.

Nice chapter.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah, SSJ2 Trunks is like 1.05 to Goku's 1 and equal to his SSJ3 as SSJ2.5

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
"So much better than" CG Gohan is what I was hoping for. Pretty sure the fanslation I read just says better than, which doesn't sound like a lot.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Up to date 1/1/17.

Gonna be redoing some power levels now.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
@Big Poppa Pump CH16 Viz Translation is done. https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/digital/dragon-ball-super-chapter-16/5087?read=1

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
I'm still waiting on the next chapter to hopefully clear some things up. Because Base Black is implied to be way ahead of even SS3 Goku, possibly on par with him SSGod even but in the last chapter, Black needs SS1 to hold out against SS2 Vegeta and gets stomped by Blue Vegeta. Shouldn't he be the one stomping Vegeta in Base in everything besides Blue?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
ekrolo2 said:
I'm still waiting on the next chapter to hopefully clear some things up. Because Base Black is implied to be way ahead of even SS3 Goku, possibly on par with him SSGod even but in the last chapter, Black needs SS1 to hold out against SS2 Vegeta and gets stomped by Blue Vegeta. Shouldn't he be the one stomping Vegeta in Base in everything besides Blue?
Vegeta trained in ROSAT and got stronger which is enough to for him to take down Black. The manga didn't explained it because the it was explained in the anime.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
This is horse shit. I'm subscribed for alerts on this shit and I'm still not getting any notifications when a new chapter comes out. Fucking fuck.

I'll do this tonight.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Looking over it, nothing interesting pops out. Gonna be a quickie.

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
Fearless Hit said:
ekrolo2 said:
Vegeta trained in ROSAT and got stronger which is enough to for him to take down Black. The manga didn't explained it because the it was explained in the anime.
The manga and anime are separate continuities though, they do not cover each others story holes.

Besides, applying this logic means the scale is like this now: Blue Vegeta >>>>>>>> SS2 Vegeta >>>>> Super Saiyan Black >= Blue Goku > SSGod Goku >>> SS3 Goku/FPSS2 Trunks.

Yeah, this doesn't work, at all.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
there's no making sense of that shit. Vegeta should've been Blue from the start to explain what he did.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
ekrolo2 said:
Fearless Hit said:
ekrolo2 said:
The manga and anime are separate continuities though, they do not cover each others story holes.

Besides, applying this logic means the scale is like this now: Blue Vegeta >>>>>>>> SS2 Vegeta >>>>> Super Saiyan Black >= Blue Goku > SSGod Goku >>> SS3 Goku/FPSS2 Trunks.

The anime covered it pretty much since it was ahead of the manga, plus Toyotaro is rushing and wanted to end the arc ASAP therefore he leaves the other explanations in the anime. Moreover, most of the scene and the diaglogue are completely same with the anime such as Vegeta's speech on Black both in the manga and anime.

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
Fearless Hit said:
ekrolo2 said:
Fearless Hit said:

The anime covered it pretty much since it was ahead of the manga, plus Toyotaro is rushing and wanted to end the arc ASAP therefore he leaves the other explanations in the anime. Moreover, most of the scene and the diaglogue are completely same with the anime such as Vegeta's speech on Black both in the manga and anime.
They still aren't the same continuity, this isn't like if Toyotaro skims over the Goku vs Hit and just lets you watch the anime to fill in the blanks, the fight happens differently from the anime to the manga. The anime is also known to add in a lot of superfluous shit that never exists in the manga, adding to the credence you can't just use the anime to plug up manga holes and vice versa.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
You can't claim Goku can whip out Kaio-ken x10 in the manga just because he does it in the anime. I don't believe that jank.