What you have been reading within the past 7 days

Warmmedown

Elite
Aku no Hana

Shino-chan can't say her name/Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai - about some girl with a severe stutter

The Three Times - about some half-Japanese, half-Korean girl who goes to study in Korea. General uni story with a little culture clash stuff.

I'm Inside Mari/Boku wa Mari no Naka - girl called Mari takes on a guy called Isao's mind inside her body

Happiness - Schoolboy gets turned into a vampire (written by Oshimi; same guy as Mari, Shino and Aku no Hana)

Ties of Compassion - SoL series about high school friends or something

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Onanie Master Kurosawa, which I'd been meaning to read for some time... but never got around to it. Other than that, nothing really.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Hero academia
Girls of the wild
Prison school

Getting back into touch with manga and stuff

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Monster Musume was the last thing I read

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'm extremely lazy with my manga reading speed nowadays so any more than like 5 volumes a month is enough to bore me to tears :troll2

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I also read Nanatsu no Taizai every monday, forgot to add that.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
- Most of the current Jump lineup (One Piece, Toriko, Gintama and that new Naruto Gaiden)
- Gou-Dere Bishojo Nagihara Sora (Volume 3)
- The most recently scanlated chapters of Sangokushi

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
One Piece, Bleach, Naruto Gaiden, Toriko, Gintama.
Out of that I started Hokuto no Ken. It's decent so far. I heard it's really good.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Would love an English Dub for Gintama. Haven't read it yet.

Arcadya

Low Class Warrior
As a boring pleb, just Naruto and Bleach. I don't even like Bleach anymore. I just feel like it would be a waste to have read this far and stop.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Epicnessbeyond said:
Out of that I started Hokuto no Ken. It's decent so far. I heard it's really good.
It gets really good as soon as the events with Rei transpire up until the end of part 1, with it being better than a large majority of the Shonen genre. After the timeskip, however, the plot becomes worse and worse, with numerous plot holes and retcons. The detailed art remains a big plus point throughout that though, as well as part 2 at least having a few badass characters.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Speaking of Hokuto no Ken, I've sat down and watched one of the Gaiden movies out of sheer boredom. They got the music score pretty good and the animation is far smoother than the original anime (big surprise), but the voice acting really sucks...

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yeah, none of the new Seiyuu really come close to those of the original HnK anime, other than Takehito Koyasu voicing Rei in the Hokuto Musou video games and Unshou Ishizuka voicing Kaioh in the game's sequel being on par with Utsumi.

Which Gaiden was it btw? The Raoh Gaiden were OK, other than being heavily shortened compared to the initial story and being obviously non-canon. Kenshiro Den was pretty good too due to being the only one to expand on areas not covered in the manga. Toki Den and Yuria Den, however, were pretty much a waste though, with the Toki VS Raoh fight in the former being it's only good quality.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah I only watched the Toki vs Raoh fight from the Toki gaiden, although I read the manga version of the Yuria Gaiden (which obviously sucked). I watched the final Raoh movie in full, which suffered from Raoh sounding like some junior yakuza or teenage delinquent among other things.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
Corpse Party, I like to reread Dragonball, I've been thinking about reading Naruto or One Piece but the thought of reading 500+ chapters I find to be terrifying.

Warmmedown

Elite
I finished Shino-chan Can't Say Her Name today.

Halfway through finishing Yuutai Nova (about a 20 year old guy who can make his spirit leave his body when he goes to sleep and goes to secretly watch his high school girlfriend). Gonna try and finish it before I leave tomorrow. Might finish Claymore too, only a few chapters left but it kinda sucks by now so idk.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
Corpse Party, I like to reread Dragonball, I've been thinking about reading Naruto or One Piece but the thought of reading 500+ chapters I find to be terrifying.
Once you get into a habit of reading long series, it's not as arduous as you think.