What you have been reading within the past 7 days

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
shchavkyossj2 said:
Might finish Claymore too, only a few chapters left but it kinda sucks by now so idk.
Depends how far you're into it. The 2nd part indeed sucks, with the ending being very boring too, but if you've only got somewhere between 5 - 10 chapters left, you might as well blaze through it and get it out of the way.

Pointer

Low Class Warrior
dragon ball from chapter 200-240 the whole vegeta fight I guess

Best fight in the entire series just sayin

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I read a volume of Uzumaki yesterday. It was pretty good.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Read Volumes 7 - 10 of Bakuman. Aside from that, just a copy-paste of the ones I already listed under the weekly series.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Read the first 12 chapters of One Piece.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Just read DBZ Volume 16. Found it put away with a good portion of my collection and had forgotten I ever bought it. Good read, it covered Vegeta and Trunks exiting the RoSat, the ensuing fight, Cell's perfect transformation, and the Final Flash. One the best parts of whole Andriod Arc, imo.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
thumb-1237-dbz_16_web.jpg
</div>

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Just finished Uzumaki...

The first volume was awesome due to how much the author could do with spirals. It ended up getting too episodic at times to the point where the citizens don't suspect when others are infected with spirals. It was also too short for my taste.

The ending was great and it made the Manga overall better in my opinion than before I read it, although it was a mindfuck.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I've been thinking of reading Uzumaki for a while, though with a store I go to selling it, I'm putting it on hold until I read it in physical form.

Other than the weekly series I already posted, I've read all of Onanie Master Kurosawa. Even as far as 20 chapters in it was already able to become one of my favourite series, though the ending was a bit hit or miss.

I've also been thinking of rereading part 4 of JoJo as well in anticipation for the anime adaptation of it that DP have confirmed (even if it'll probably be a year or two until it comes out).

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished Kurosawa a week or so ago as well. The plot's not intricate, but while the ending is a bit off-putting the character interactions and foreshadowings are very good.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Just finished all of Bakuman. It was alright, with it's look into the inside of the manga industry being it's strongest point, though the plot itself became repetitive after the first 14 volumes, plus the ending seemed a little abrupt.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Not manga, but I've been reading Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index recently. On vol 6 now.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Read the first two volumes of Kingdom. It's alright thus far, though the translation can be messy at some points. For instance, the first chapter mistranslates the time setting as being in AD rather than BC, whilst many chapters swap back and forth between the correct Chinese names and their Japanese equivalent.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Nothing anime related. I've currently got my hands full with Game Of Thones & Great Expectations. Additionally, I'm working on a writing piece for a competition and my own fiction that I'm hoping to get published in the future.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Joshiraku 1st in the pile of manga I now have that I'm gonna read through

Sam

Low Class Warrior
I just finished the first volume of One Piece and am starting on "Chronicles of the Cursed Sword".

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Saint Seiya: Episode G chapters 1-22. It's a good prequel that expands well upon the Mythic lore of the series and many concepts, along with fleshing out the Gold Saints from the original manga. My only gripe with the series, aside from only half of it being translated (poorly, at that) is the art style making the Gold Saints way too effeminate and skinny compared to their depictions in Kurumada's original work.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Read some Btooom chapters last week. It's alright, although character development becomes rather pointless with the amount of deaths for people who aren't the main character and his girlfriend. The old men all seem to look alike, but oh well.