Super Dragon Ball Heroes Anime Discussion

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Going to post my random thoughts about the series. Some of this has probably been covered already, but there isn't much going on here anyway at the moment, so I don't think I'll be doing much harm.

I'm about five episodes in so far.

-Golden Cooler is the most useless reveal of all time. He transforms by just deciding he will do so and then stands around for the remainder of the arc providing commentary for the audience. Good to see him back, though. I would have preferred he use his 4th Form/Metal Form as his 5th form is burly and awkward, especially in Golden Form.

- I do appreciate the way Heroes elevates SSJ4 over even SSJB, and the ten seconds of a dream match we got between SSJ4 Goku and SSJB Goku was better than most of Super thus far.

- I didn't think you could spam Vegetto, but this show does it.

-Zamasu in this show looks like Granola.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Moving onto Tsufurians now. I'm honestly shocked at how much the show displays SSJ, considering Toei's penchant for base forms.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Southern Gothic said:
Moving onto Tsufurians now. I'm honestly shocked at how much the show displays SSJ, considering Toei's penchant for base forms.

How many episodes have you seen? Are they all very short?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Super Saiyan said:
Southern Gothic said:

How many episodes have you seen? Are they all very short?

The total runtime is 3 hours for 27 episodes. I'm an hour in so far.

Not too thrilled with the Tsufurian story line so far. It feels like they are recycling more from recent DBS arcs, which is disappointing. Instead of bringing back older elements from GT or any of the movies, this part filled with things we've been watching during the tournament of power, meaning the nostalgia just isn't there for this kind of fan service.

That, and Vegeta getting taking over by on of the Tsufurians makes you think we're going to see Baby Vegeta, but it is instead a very poor and uninteresting knockoff. A disgrace to the one solidly good element of GT. Should have just gone the whole way and brought Baby back.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
This arc has redeemed itself with a pretty damn entertaining joining of forces between Piccolo and 17. The team up I never new I wanted until now. They have interesting history together, it looks good and they work well together. This would probably have been even better in the Tournament of Power. Gohan x Piccolo is the go-to master/apprentice team for the show, but we've seen it so many times that I think Piccolo x 17 would have been newer and more compelling. This is good fan service, and the best part is that it's just two badasses having each other's back. No sappy backstory or mid-fight morality boosting speeches.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Newest Arc is set to bring back Planet Vegeta.
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/super-dragon-ball-heroes-planet-vegeta-returns-fake-universe/

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Majin OMEGA SHENRON. Lmao. I swear these suits just scour fan fiction archives for ideas.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That's SSJ Rose FP apparently. Still got raped by an unstable SSJBE Gogeta tho.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Gaygeta must have one shitty SSJBE multiplier from the feats presented.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Not to be outdone, Galu now has himself a new form in Dragon Ball Heroes, and the name is absolutely *chef's kiss*

May I introduce you to Super Saiyan Blue: Universal Tree Power. Yes, that is the name.