What have you been watching in the past 7 days?

Warmmedown

Elite
Finished ep 1 of Kaguya-Sama. Didn't understand the first half. It was something about movie tickets and the girl says "good play" or "well played", probably the former. I think they both want to go to the free movie with each other, but neither wants to admit it and they both lose (maybe the 2nd girl takes the tickets or the guy has to go with the 2nd girl). Second half I understood more - the guy brings his bento lunch and the 1st girl is thinking she wants to try it and wants him to offer. She doesn't usually get food cooked from home, instead she usually has only food cooked by professional chefs (she's from a prestigious family trained in stuff like sports, martial arts and other academic things. The guy is top of the year and also from a prestigious family that donates to the school I think and he's the president of the council or advice or something, she's something similar). The guy offers it to the 2nd girl instead and 1st girl thinks like wtffff and the guy keeps giving it to the 2nd girl, wondering why the 1st girl ask for the food (he's trying to make her ask for it). The 1st girl thinks about the 2nd girl "I thought we were friends" (or maybe this was later), as she watched the 2nd girl eat all the food she wanted to try. The next day the 1st girl brings her own bento box with the best, varied food and she's hoping the guy will ask to try it. I forgot what happened tbh lol, but it didn't go how she planned, I think the 2nd girl just ate it all again lol.

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Watched up to the most recent episode of Spy x Family, also watching the HxH Greed Island/GI Final OVAs because I never actually watched that arc in full before. Might rewatch Chimera Ant afterwards.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Bleach with my brother. We're at the beginning of the Soul Society Arc now.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I’ve been watching Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal for a few days. Didn’t think of really watching that but just so happened. Thanks to this series I couldn’t stop saying Kattobingu.

Kattobingu!

Warmmedown

Elite
Call of the Night, ep 2.
Meh. MC is weird, like I'm not sure if he has autism or is a psychopath - he doesn't feel romance (rejects girl in ep 1 not because he doesn't like her but because he doesn't "get it"), but also knows plenty of romantic theoretical stuff in ep 2. He's also a loner with zero friends and has been for many years, but doesn't seem particularly sad and doesn't seem to get bullied. He has almost zero backstory. He's also remarkably chilled out when in ep 1 he's sent flying off a tall building and doesn't have any issues trusting her afterwards either. Overall he seems very alexithymic, and I guess that could be realistic, but I find it strange he would become so knowledgeable about romantic stuff if he doesn't feel emotions.
Art of the city is nice, has that neon hue that some streets over there have. But the backgrounds are extremely static (nothing moves, even the trees) and I noticed some of the balconies were drawn slightly wonky. There are occasional bits when the art is on par with DB Super episode 5 and some very janky animation, plus animation of them flying but it's just like someone's dragging their still image across the screen. The female MC's face looks fucked up sometimes and honestly she's not nice to look at in general (can't really hold this against the series, but she just awful in her underwear and has a weird head).
The romance just seems very immature, which I guess is fair enough, but not that interesting to me.

The wristwatch stuff is the only thing I found interesting in ep 2.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Mob Psycho 100 - pretty good
Akagami no Shirayukihime -- a bit drab
Hunter x Hunter -- rewatch, goddamn does the ant arc drag ass in the anime
Houseki no Kuni -- interesting visual style

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Mob Psycho 100 - pretty good
Akagami no Shirayukihime -- a bit drab
Hunter x Hunter -- rewatch, goddamn does the ant arc drag ass in the anime
It took me ages to get past the NGL part I swear that alone was the length of the damn Hanta exams

Warmmedown

Elite
Call of the Night ep 3.

I've rewatched Mob Psycho S1 (skipped like two episodes partway through) and S2 too.

Uramichii Onisan/Life Lessons with Uramiichi Oniisan ep 1 - quite funny so far, mostly in the form of telling blunt truths. I think I'll enjoy it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Rewatching Digimon-Frontier (dual reasons) & the foreshadowing in this series is well-done. Not some villain randomly showing-up somewhere out of nowhere, amongst others I think I think.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Watched eps 13-15 of JJBA Part 6. The Sports Maxx episodes became predictable upon his death and rebirth as a ghost-zombie of sorts, but finally we're getting to the real meat of events with Anasui showing up and making the group complete (sans Jotaro). Probably gonna watch another episode tonight, then watch the rest of the batch of episodes over the next week when I have time, before I go watch Super Hero in theaters.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I couldn't watch for sometime because of some stupid problem with loading. I finished episode 44. There is a real sense of progression that I can't really remember with other series I think. For example, when in episode 43 they return to Honoo no Machi/Honoo no Terminal, it really does feel nostalgic even-though it's only been 43 episodes. After the Royal-Knights show-up it does kind-of go downhill from before (but not bad bad like Digimon Tamers' Digital-World stuff), but there are still good moments like episode 42.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I finished watching Digimon-Frontier again. That ending. :cry :cry :cry

Most likeable Digimon cast I think. As-in the ones you'd most want to be friends with too. After Lucemon's revival it picked back-up again and was back to being higher quality. This series unlike other series also had an actually kewl, hopeless cliff-hanger. Granted, you'd still see the ending song and preview for next episode, but ending the episode with "Obey or Die. Your choice." (or something like that) was something. Epic moment too with Susanoomon and others. In the ending everyone did work together after-all to defeat Lucemon.

The ending was beautiful. :cry :cry :cry

Bokomon & Neemon too. :cry :cry :cry