What have you been watching in the past 7 days?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I finished Digimon-Tamers again. That ending though. I crie errytiem. :'( :'( :'(

The first 3 out of 4 series all have bitter-sweet endings or so. Great series. Guilmon is the best (or amongst the best). I still don't like the middle as much though. Also when I watched (a while ago maybe even), I noticed that in the first opening video in the end, Culumon was bugging. That wasn't changed. Only changed when they changed the video.

Also most logical antagonist for a series about digital I think I think.

Most likely the greatest Digimon series ever (but I always get caught-up, but I really think this).

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Adventure 01 and Adventure 02 are the only semi watchable ones, however.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Adventure 01 and Adventure 02 are the only semi watchable ones, however.
Only in the sub, and Adventure 01 suffers from an excessive amount of asspull antagonists (seriously, there are 5 new main antags after Vamdemon?! And they all show up without any foreshadowing of them until just the episode before they debut?) and low-budget animation while Adventure 02 becomes total garbage midway into the Archenemon/BlackWarGreymon arc and never really recovered.

Everything from Frontier onwards were fucking terribad. I couldn't even stand Savers for 20 episodes because it's a discount Men in Black with low budget standard Digimon fare and a cliched protagonist who's just a kid friendly Yusuke Yurameshi/Jotaro Kujo knock-off.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
And I forgot to mention I listened to the Drama-CD too before. It’s kewl they re-unite again (outside of Renamon due to reasons out of their control I think) and kewl that they grew-up and everything was in modern-day 2018. I was happy, very happy, but ended on a cliff-hanger of sorts I think I think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Watching Gantz subbed, up to episode 5. I tried the dub for episode 1 and only lasted 2 mins. Holy fuck it was hilariously bad lol.

Warmmedown

Elite
Classroom of the Elite. Bout 7 eps, dunno if I'll finish it tho.

Chainsaw Man. Nice. It's got pretty interesting last couple eps.

Mob Psycho S3. Pretty good. Looking forwards to the next episode.

Spy x Family Part 2. Nice. Ep 7 had the first boring half of an episode though.

Bleach new series. Episode 6 was genuinely top tier, didn't expect such an improvement.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Mostly Bleach
I'm surprised Pierrot is behind this, it's leagues ahead of the original anime in terms of production

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Chainsaw man: My girlfriend has a phobia with puking so not the best episode.

Spy x Family: The show just turns on a dime to absolute ridiculousness

Arknights Prelude to Dawn: Decent adaptation of the gacha's story, the aesthetic is nice, just wish they'd put a bit more of that gacha money into animation.

Gundam: The Witch From Mercury: Plot is getting interesting. Still waiting for this to trigger a large scale war and be the Gundam we all know and love. Still the political maneuvering going on behind the school façade is always interesting.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Watching Spy x Family and Dorohedoro. Thinking about resuming my Legend of Galactic Heroes watch and maybe adding Chainsaw Man to the mix.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Finished watching Ghost-Hound. It was kind-of good especially half-way through, except for (DO NOT open spoiler if you haven't watched serial-experiments-lain):
extremely cheesy ending. I don't have a problem with happy-endings obviously, but I thought it could have been done better like
serial-experiments-lain which was from the same.
Started-out slow though. One character and the stuff being said about holograms reminded me of serial-experiments-lain, funny because the seiyuu. You could definitely tell who wrote this, since there were so many scientists/philosophers theories being referenced through-out. NEPs legit referred to at-least one every episode lol.

Last edited:

Warmmedown

Elite
Trigun: Stampede ep 1
The CGI was really awful to begin with - and I'm not someone who's against anime CGI. It improved by the time it got to the action though. Definitely have high hopes for the rest of the show. Never finished and don't really remember the original anime, but this does feel more intense than what I recall (I think the original is known as a slow starter).

Finished SpyxFamily part 2 and Mob Psycho III. This was the weakest season of Mob I thought, but it returned to strength and gave the show a great ending. Maybe they'll adapt the Reigen chapters, dunno. Wouldn't mind seeing a follow up about an older Mob, if ONE has some ideas, but it's fine as it is. I'll rewatch, maybe later this year. Might try to find some merch too.

Finished Chainsaw Man. Pretty good. Wonder if they'll give S2 a similar budget (good CGI, 12 different endings with different famous musical artists).

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Vinland Saga. My brother and I are on Season 2. The production value is top tier quality.

Warmmedown

Elite
Trigun: Stampede eps 2-4 - occasionally looks video gamey, but CGI looks cool for the guns. I was surprised they introduced present day Knives so early, since I think it's a lot later in the 90s anime.

Vinland Saga S2 eps 1-4 - kinda cheesy. I wondered how the English guy and Thorfinn could talk, so it was cool they addressed that. Watching Vinland Saga always makes me look up stuff about vikings and Northern European geography and history from that era, which normally I don't really care about (don't remember anything from school either). Makes you wanna go to the middle of nowhere and makes you look at the countryside and think "if this was 1000 years ago maybe there'd be a battle here and a bunch of people would die". Pretty crazy. Maybe today will look crazily violent in 1000 years. Or today'll be considered abnormally peaceful anomaly.

Warmmedown

Elite
Vinland Saga S2 ep 5. Honestly I skipped through half of it, just to see what they were saying and get it over with. It was basically all talking, showing what's going on between the kings in England.

Trigun: Stampede ep 5. How Vash doesn't get shot ever and why some metal pipes happened to be on a shelf on the outside of a building right next the the assailant, I don't know. Who put the pipes there, in an abandoned village? It was a quite good episode though. So far the plots have all wrapped up within an ep, which is nice for watching it weekly.

Warmmedown

Elite
Trigun: Stampede episode 6. Holy fuck, that was a great episode, probably the best-produced anime episode I've seen in the last 12 months, even after seeing Bleach 2022 episode 5. They used a visual method for showing the character's backstory that I've never seen in anime and then used some other visuals that I've not seen before (showing a character having experiments done on them, but from their perspective where they're tripping out).
10/10 episode.

I also now know where Pedy/pedyboy123 got his later username bluesummers from.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
I was skimming through episodes of Dragon Quest: Legend of the Hero Abel a few weeks ago.