What you have been reading within the past 7 days

Warmmedown

Elite
I'm reading the first chapter of the manga "Tsui no Taimashi: Ender Geister". Currently it has seven chapters (edit: nm it has 67 on notmangadexbutitisreallyFBIcantcatchthis) The violence could turn out to be ridiculous (at the start he kills a bunch of guys in South Africa by ripping their skin off and literally leaving them half as skeletons). It's about a guy who works as an exorcist, hunting monsters in today's Japan (he uses smartphones etc), after being sent from Germany. The art is in a shaded and very realistic style. The male and female bodies look good (I wrote this before it got to the naked women lol) and the perspectives are well-selected, giving it the feel of a movie, like the below page. Maybe the style is inspired by Hollywood movies, since he has a Bulb Fiction poster (maybe Inception too) and is watching an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. It also reminds me of Gantz, Berserk and I am a Hero.

15087649_960_1364_231957.jpeg

Monster example, from chapter 2:

15089094_960_1364_268603.jpeg

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'm reading the first chapter of the manga "Tsui no Taimashi: Ender Geister". Currently it has seven chapters (edit: nm it has 67 on notmangadexbutitisreallyFBIcantcatchthis) The violence could turn out to be ridiculous (at the start he kills a bunch of guys in South Africa by ripping their skin off and literally leaving them half as skeletons). It's about a guy who works as an exorcist, hunting monsters in today's Japan (he uses smartphones etc), after being sent from Germany. The art is in a shaded and very realistic style. The male and female bodies look good (I wrote this before it got to the naked women lol) and the perspectives are well-selected, giving it the feel of a movie, like the below page. Maybe the style is inspired by Hollywood movies, since he has a Bulb Fiction poster (maybe Inception too) and is watching an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. It also reminds me of Gantz, Berserk and I am a Hero.

Images are broken nibba

I intend to get to Nami's bathing scene in Thriller Bark today in my reread. Once I get to Impel Down, I'll put it on hold until I have a weekend off in which I can digest all of Impel Down and Summit War (and maybe Fuckmeng Island as well) over a weekend. After doing so I'll start reading Punk Hazard as well as reread Dressrosa and then get current with OP, finally fulfilling my promise to do so by 24... 6 years later :troll

Somewhere in the middle I'm also going to get started on reading Lone Wolf and Cub, after which I'll likely reread Alita Last Order and Mars Chronicle. And if the Fagnolah arc of DBS is finished by then I'll reread Moro and Fagnolah while I'm drunk

Warmmedown

Elite
[QUOTE="Warmmedown, post: 477928, member: 62"

VDRcNLa.jpeg

eE43eak.jpeg

Thanks

Warmmedown

Elite
Sick bruvvvvvv (as SHC say, while crashing his F1 car)
Fuck, this sunshine makes me happy

It is nice, wish I was drawn by the mangaka instead of by god. What chapter are you on? I'm gonna read it now.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite

It is nice, wish I was drawn by the mangaka instead of by god. What chapter are you on? I'm gonna read it now.
It always seems rainy & sad in London, but every now & then the weather can be OK. Go to Germany and you'll know what a beautiful summer is.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder

16. I still have no clue as to what's going on.

Warmmedown

Elite
It always seems rainy & sad in London, but every now & then the weather can be OK. Go to Germany and you'll know what a beautiful summer is.
I imagined Germany would be similar, but a little more sunny than London and that London is probably a little more sunny that here.
16. I still have no clue as to what's going on.
Ic. Time to catch up, listening to the same song I've listened to for like 7 hours today.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think you're a bit further ahead than me. I don't mid it so far.

Warmmedown

Elite
Chap 41 finished now.

It's quite fast-moving. It introduces a bunch of characters in chapter 29.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Oh yeah I left off at 31. Wasn't a huge fan of those characters being introduced en masse. Makes them feel insignificant despite the intention being the opposite.

Warmmedown

Elite
Read the first two chapters 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 2 of Vitamin. Man, this is brutal. Pretty good, wonder if I'd think the same years ago though, when I found a lot of these manga to be melodramatic.

Warmmedown

Elite
Finished Vitamin. I'll say the manga was worth me reading, because it does show bullying and its effects well and how teachers are useless, plus how people dismiss the problems of children (and other people in general), assuming that they've been through worse themselves, without ever actually finding out what's going on. Although I wonder if it's really like that in Japan, where the whole class ends up in on the bullying. The final chapter was clearly rushed, with everything suddenly turning out positively (goes to school for her graduation day, the bullies who previously tricked her into coming back to school just to laugh at her suddenly are like "please sign my yearbook, I'm sorry" and the MC chucks it out the window and the bullies are like "omg im shocked" lol, then the MC tears up her graduation certificate in the assembly in front of the whole year and their parents, then walks out happily and her mother watches happily, then her and her mother have a nice moment at home where the daughter realises her mother's been going to parental advice sessions about bullying, she tells her mom the vitamins she took aren't vitamins but are stomach pills, the mom is like "drawing manga is your vitamin (that you needed to continue living), you're my vitamin".

Up to the end of chap 5 of Ibitsu. Scans on Mangadex are better quality than these:
ibitsu_5_19.jpg

ibitsu_5_4.jpg

ibitsu_5_6.jpg
ibitsu_6_21.jpg

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Rereading Berserk, just got to the eclipse. So far it's been just as good as I remember it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Watched Ep 1 of Spy x Family Season 2. Thinking of watching Dorohedoro now that I've completed my rewatch of the Chimera Ant saga of Hiatus x Hiatus

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Watched Ep 1 of Spy x Family Season 2. Thinking of watching Dorohedoro now that I've completed my rewatch of the Chimera Ant saga of Hiatus x Hiatus

yes, and your reading material?