What you have been reading within the past 7 days

Warmmedown

Elite
3am Dangerous Zone, chap 2. Had to read something with a professional MC and this was already on my list.

Imperfect Girl/Shoujo Fujuubun, chap 9. Meh. Adult guy gets kidnapped by an elementary schooler and locked in a closet. Dunno where it's going.

Couple weeks ago:
Ibitsu. Horror that I started reading before.

Skip and Loafer, chap 8. School slice of life/drama about a high-achieving country girl who moves to a Tokyo school and finds she struggles with the academics and social life more than anticipated. Realistic cast of characters who don't mostly aren't archetypal, in realistic situations. The main character is positive-minded and normally solutions are found, so it's quite a light-hearted series compared to some school manga. Like it a lot so far. It actually has an anime coming up too.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Holyland by Kouji Mori. I found it by chance last night and wanted to see what Mori was about now that he's supervising Berserk.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Might read Holyland and his island manga sometime then. I put Holyland off after reading the first couple of chapters because I figured the fights wouldn't be as realistic as it pretends they are but I heard it was wildly popular in Young Animal so it's worth a shot

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm not sure if you can call them realistic given I have little knowledge of martial arts. He does go to the length of explaining many of the fight scenes though and doesn't do it in a convoluted way like HxH. No text walls.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I read chapter 1. Not at all what I had expected. Still, the art is good and there's a good amount of intrigue there. Lol at the SOGA arcade cabinet

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah that's how I felt about it too. And while there is definitely a focus on fighting, there's an equal amount of focus on the characters and development, at least so far. Very enjoyable read.

Warmmedown

Elite
Shoujo Fujuubun. Maybe 5 chaps left. It's improved a lot since halfway through, even though the initial situation of a 20 year old being kidnapped and locked in a cupboard by a 7 year old still is ridiculous. Bit reminiscent of Oshimi manga like Chi no Wadachi, I'm Inside Mari and Happiness.

Blaster Knuckle. It feels a bit like if Berserk was set in late 1800s USA. Apparently the author was high school friends with Miura (so was Mori I think).

Warmmedown

Elite
Holyland

The Fable
thefablechap13.png
thefablechap13-2.png

Issak
Issak.png

Issak2.png

Warmmedown

Elite
Holyland, got past where I was in 2013. I actually remember reading about him practising the 1 and 2 5000 times a day and throwing loads of them myself for a few months lol. Forgot that was the inspiration.

The Fable. This shit's starting to get funny
fable1.jpg

fable2.jpg

Needless to say, he didn't get this job.
There are some more serious plots that seem to be building, mostly involving the yakuza, but most chapters retain some humour.
fable4.jpg

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Decided to read through all the Jojos. I’m on part 2 and honestly bored out of my mind. Not sure I have the mental fortitude to go through a series that’s just okay and that I’ve already experienced.